Analyst - Investment Banking (M&A)
- Market Rate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- ICBC Standard Bank Plc
- 29 Nov 17 2017-11-29
Investment Banking Analyst
ICBCS Investment Banking Advisory Team is responsible for delivery of strategic M&A advisory, Equity Capital Markets and Financing Advisory products to both international and emerging markets clients globally.
The role is a rare opportunity to get on the ground floor in the support and development of an investment banking advisory business for one of the world’s largest financial institutions. It includes origination and execution responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Prepare pitching materials, management presentation, board materials, memorandums and other presentation materials for use in M&A, ECM and financing advisory transactions / dialogue with clients.
Work with communications team to ensure professional presentation.
Gather, analyse and summarise relevant data from internal and external sources.
Elaborate data on excel, financial modeling and valuation techniques.
Support the team in the execution of transactions.
Build, operating equity and debt financial models and undertake valuation of public and private companies/ divisions/ assets based on industry-standard methods (DCF, comparables multiples, comparable transaction data etc.).
Producing, with team support, related transaction documentations including teasers, information memoranda, offering documents.
M&A technical, legal, compliance and regulatory awareness.
Support team members on dealing with client on day-to-day aspects of transactions.
Act as part of the Investment Banking Advisory team and be fully supportive to other members within the team.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor degree in a numerate discipline in a top university, supported by relevant postgraduate finance qualifications.
• Current experience as an investment banking analyst, private equity, consulting and audit would be required.
• Must have completed the 6-8 weeks Investment Banking graduate training.
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise:
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Outstanding financial analysis and modeling skills
• Solid understanding of investment banking products
• Excellent organization skills, able to multi-tasking and plan ahead
• Able to present technical issues in a measured, clear and articulate way
• Knowledge of emerging markets
• Strong team player
• Global mindset
• Demonstrable commitment to hard work.
• Client mindset
• Pays attention to detail
• Ability to take initiatives
• High level of integrity
The role would suit someone who is:
• Able to navigate complexity
• Can work in ambiguity