Analyst – Ownership Strategies (Social Issues)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Norges Bank Investment Management
- 18 Oct 17 2017-10-18
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global. The fund is invested worldwide in equities, fixed income and real estate, totaling around NOK 8,000 billion kroner (USD 950 billion). Our mission is to safeguard and build wealth for Norway’s future generations. We are operating in a global, highly competitive and constantly evolving market. We are more than 500 people of more than 30 nationalities, with offices in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated and results oriented professional for the position of Analyst in the Ownership Strategies Department, within our Equity Strategies Area. Ownership Strategies is responsible for furthering the long-term economic performance of our investments and reducing financial risks associated with the environmental, social and governance practices of the companies we invest in. As a large owner with numerous investments around the world, we aim to contribute to global standards and practices that are in the fund’s long-term interest.
Your role will be to support Norges Bank Investment Management’s active ownership work through research and analysis on human rights and other social issues. Your input will help shape the fund’s global ownership initiatives.
The position is located in Oslo or London and will report to the Head of Sustainability Initiatives in Ownership Strategies. Some travel will be required.
• Writing concise, well-reasoned, and investor-relevant analyses on human rights and other social issues at the topic, market, sector or company level
• Contributing to the development of Norges Bank Investment Management investor expectations, positions and intiatives within your topical area
• Performing quantitative analysis on sustainability matters with Norges Bank Investment Management proprietary and external data
• Applying the current state of academic research on financial markets and sustainability to the fund’s ownership work
• Communicating effectively with senior management and establishing adequate reporting
• Contributing to a hardworking, high-performing team with a focus on results
• Master’s or equivalent in law, economics, finance, or politics with strong academic records
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working on human rights matters in business or related fields
• Recognised good understanding of the breadth of social issues and business-relevant standards and principles, and preferably demonstrated expertise within additional areas such as anti-corruption, tax transparency, or responsible business conduct
• Experience from work with sustainability information in a business, financial, or reporting context
• Demonstrated ability to write reports, communicate complex concepts clearly, and to synthesize large amounts of information into actionable insights
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects
• Excellent analytical and numeracy skills and high level of comfort with ambiguity
• Proactive and self-driven work style and a good team player
• High level of integrity
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills with strong proficiency in written and spoken English
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international, fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
The salary offered is competitive
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to Wilhelm Mohn, Head of Sustainability Initiatives, +44 207 534 9000.
You must apply online to be considered for this role via the career portal on www.nbim.no.
Opening date for applications is 3rd October 2017
Deadline for application is close of business 15th October 2017
No Agencies please