Herald Investment Management is seeking a bright and enthusiastic individual with 3+ years of industry experience for a full-time role as an Analyst. The role will potentially involve travel and pays a competitive salary.
Herald Investment Management (HIML) is a global, specialist technology, media and telecom fund management business. HIML is a private, small (9 portfolio managers and analysts), founder led company with some £1.9bn of assets under management (AUM). Although HIML covers the sector from the very large to the very small companies the majority of the AUM is invested in small companies reflecting the origins of the business and the mandate of the largest fund.
The majority of the team are based in central London with a satellite office in New York.
- Monitoring portfolio for relevant news and updates.
- Attending and taking meetings with company management, and sell side analysts and industry events.
- Communicating analysis with team to share investment ideas and industry trends via notes, presentations, and informal collaboration.
- Screening and filtering new ideas for company meetings, trips, and conference.
- Supporting on the production of fund reporting of annual report, investor presentations and factsheet.
- Drive, enthusiasm, and a willingness to contribute.
- Interest in business, companies and investing.
- Attention to detail.
- Patient and long term focused.
- Thinks like an owner.
- Humility and emotional intelligence.
- Personal integrity.
- Experience working in Investment, Accounting, M&A or a relevant role within the technology, media or telecoms sector.
- Qualified or working towards ACA, CFA or other professional qualification.
- Analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Strong presentation skills; oral and written.
Application: please email a CV along with a covering letter (max 200 words) to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Analyst - Job Application’.