For nearly 30 years, Cerulli has provided global asset and wealth management firms with unmatched, actionable insights.
Headquartered in Boston with fully staffed offices in London and Singapore, Cerulli Associates is a global research and consulting firm that provides financial institutions with guidance in strategic positioning and new business development. Our analysts blend industry knowledge, original research, and data analysis to bring perspective to current market conditions and forecasts for future developments.”
This Analyst position is based in London and reports to the Associate Director of European Retail/Wholesale Asset Management Research. The position’s primary role is to support the lead research analyst and collaborate with other practice members to provide quantitative analytical support and written commentary for CA’s retail asset management research and publishing needs.
This role has extensive analysis, data modeling, and writing responsibilities. We are seeking a candidate with experience related specifically to asset and wealth management firms and exposure to market intelligence, product development, distribution or fund analysis. The ideal candidate has a robust understanding of these organizations, including the opportunities and challenges they face, and the products they develop and distribute.
Successful candidates are analytical and quantitatively-oriented, exhibit strong writing skills, work autonomously, are adaptable and comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously, and seek to build deep industry expertise. They are also hardworking, persistent, and enthusiastic individuals with a passion for the financial services industry, and research and analysis.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist lead research analyst in the development and analysis of proprietary surveys, interfacing with other analysts to administer surveys and chart results.
- Help develop focused research panels, calling and emailing targeted participants to increase survey participation.
- Support lead research analyst by scheduling research calls and meetings with senior executives and writing detailed notes from the calls.
- Collaborate with other analysts in the asset management practice on monthly and quarterly publications. Duties include data-gathering, analysis, chart creation and assembly, and writing commentary.
- Collect, compile and analyse large amount of qualitative and quantitative datasets working with Morningstar Direct, Broadridge, as well as other third-party databases (e.g. national and international industry associations, data providers and industry trade bodies).
- Help develop and maintain relationships with industry trade associations, third-party data vendors, and government agencies.
- Propose and develop new analyses to expand CA’s proprietary research.
- Participate in research efforts by identifying key topics of interest and providing ideas and input throughout the report cycle.
- 2 to 3 years experience in asset management (research, product development, product management, market intelligence functions preferred) or distribution (fund analyst, fund or manager selection, etc).
- Understanding of the retail asset management industry and distribution channels is preferred.
- Knowledge of both mutual funds and exchange‐traded funds, active and passive investment products.
- Outstanding project and time management skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and to change course quickly as needed.
- Proficient in Excel; able to manipulate and analyze sizeable amounts of data.
- Aptitude for synthesizing research, identifying trends, and providing commentary on relevant industry issues.
- Experience with using industry data sources (e.g.; Broadridge, Morningstar, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to cultivate a network of industry contacts for research purposes.
- Capacity to respond productively to feedback and make ongoing improvements to approach and process.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, finance, or economics
- Must be eligible to work in the UK