- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- M&G Prudential
- Full time
- London, England, United Kingdom
- 21 Apr 19
By taking on the role of Analyst, you will play a vital part in our vision: to become the best-loved and most successful savings & investment business. We need everyone to step up to his or her full potential at this exciting time for our business. Therefore, if you are inspired by the opportunity, and if you have the necessary qualities, then we urge you to apply.
M&G Prudential's fixed income team in London manages a range of funds including internal portfolios, retail funds and those for a growing list of institutional clients. M&G Prudential has one of the largest analyst teams in Europe, including a team of 22 specialising in restructuring, distressed debt and special situations investing.
M&G Prudential's fixed income team manages over €200bn of fixed income investments across all fixed income asset classes. The Restructuring and Debt Solutions Team provides specialist-restructuring advice for all these investments and provides financing solutions for solid businesses with short-term balance sheet or operational issues.
M&G Prudential is looking to bolster its team to support the growing activities of the Restructuring and Debt Solutions Team - both in the provision of specialist restructuring advice to M&G Prudential's fixed income business and originating, analysing, executing and managing new public and private investments across its special situations strategies. The role would well suit those interested in contributing to a creative and collegiate investment environment in a growing business.
- Providing written and financial analysis and models to support (a) the restructuring of fixed income investments; and (b) investments in private and public debt distressed or special situations:
- Working with in-house credit analysts and / or external financial and legal advisors to provide analysis
- Contributing to the analysis, development and implementation of the strategy for managing the restructuring of fixed income investments and / or enforcement of related security
- Working with in-house credit analysts to develop investment proposals
- Review new credit transactions to assess challenges and new opportunities and develop an opinion regarding challenges and potential solutions
- Multi-tasking of works streams necessary to take a transaction to conclusion
- Operate with attention to detail with a commercial view of financing transactions
- Manage process of legal documentation to ensure it appropriately reflects commercial agreements
- Manage internal parties to complete transactions (i.e. finance, compliance, KYC, etc.)
- Provide timely updates in relation to completed steps and challenges ahead to complete transactions
- Contributing to formal internal credit processes including regular reporting to Committees
- Build and maintain relationships with other professionals (both internal and external).
- Working both as a member of a multi-disciplinary team on larger, more complex situations, and independently, with limited supervision on more straight forward situations.
- Documentation and loan execution - able to manage and progress documentation and related processes to completion with a degree of independence. Structuring - problem solving mentality on challenges usually encountered on execution
- Financial modelling - to address covenant setting and financing structure strength and limitation
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience executing credit transactions within a bank, workout function or fund. Have done so within structures with multi layers of creditor rankings and preferably investing in different parts of the capital structure
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills, including significant financial modelling experience
- Be familiar with standard loan documentation and key aspects of transaction implementation including covenant setting, security taking and ongoing controls and restrictions
- Matured to manage processes involving lawyers, agents, borrower representatives and external advisors.
- Driven to keep a process on schedule and inquisitive to address potential issues ahead of time.
- Team player and flexible. Able to work a couple projects at a time and knows when it makes sense to rely/delegate to advisors.
- Comfortable in providing challenge to an investment thesis backing it up with well thought through arguments and suggesting appropriate solutions
- High quality degree and either an accounting qualification or further study in finance
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Disciplined approach to complying with internal protocols and processes
- Admits the limitations of their skills and experience, works within them, and seeks assistance when necessary
- Ability to speak a major European language would be beneficial
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Opening Date: 18/04/2019
Closing Date: 16/05/2019