Algorithmic Systems Developer
- Attractive remuneration package and fringe benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Haitong International Securities Group Limited
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Please quote the reference number (Ref: EF/UK/ASD) in the application.
Haitong Securities International is looking for an Electronic System Developer to assist with the imminent roll out of our Algorithmic Trading Suite to the European Cash Equity markets. The role will involve design and implementation of execution strategies within an established trading framework.
Duties and responsibilities
We are offering an opportunity to join an Asia based team during a period of significant expansion. It is a team of diverse backgrounds that fosters a collegial culture of openness and creativity. Working as part of an experienced and successful global team, the role will give the right candidate exposure to the cutting edge of Execution Strategy development.
The main responsibilities are:
- Maintain and improve the scalability, performance and resiliency of the platform. The platform includes the Market Data and Market Connectivity systems, Algorithm Container and Algorithmic Trading Engine.
- Interface with business stake holders to gather requirements and appropriately integrate them within the trading framework
- Ongoing development and customization of a wide range of execution strategies, working closely with the quant and trading teams.
What We Are Looking For
- A passion for coding and technology - we love using technology to overcome challenges and are not afraid to redesign and refactor often if it gives us a commercial advantage.
- The ability to work independently – whilst we will ensure that the right candidate receives the support needed to succeed, the time zone separation means that a significant part of the work will need to be carried out independently.
- 5+ years’ experience in building Java-based Systems with a good knowledge of application architecture and design patterns.
- Strong multithreaded, messaging and network programming experience. Experience with the LMAX disruptor pattern would be highly regarded.
- Working knowledge of standard java frameworks and libraries including Spring and Apache Commons.
- Competence with standard development and build tools in a Unix environment (such as Jenkins, Gradle and GIT)
- Experience with Electronic trading preferred but not essential. Exceptional candidates from other fields will be considered
We are committed to build a team of competence individuals who have acquired relevant local solid working experience and with diversified exposure to work together with us. Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.
We provide attractive remuneration package and fringe benefits for the right candidate. Interested parties please send detailed resume with current and expected salaries to Human Resources Department by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the reference in the application. If application is submitted in hard copy format, it should be placed in a sealed envelope marked “Confidential”. All applications will be treated in strict confidence and personal data provided by job applications will be used for recruitment purposes only. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be available upon request.