Alcentra, Global Operations Administrator
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
Alcentra, Global Operations Administrator
Alcentra (the "Firm") is a global asset management firm specializing in sub-investment grade debt markets. The firm has an investment track record dating back to 1998, and today employs 126 people, including 61 investment professionals. Alcentra has assets under management of approximately $35 billion (as of 30 th September 2017) across strategies involving senior loans, high yield bonds, stressed/distressed debt, direct lending and mezzanine capital, and structured credit. Our investors include pension funds, insurance companies, banks, and high net worth individuals. A subsidiary of BNY Mellon Asset Management, Alcentra is headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Boston, and representatives in Singapore and Hong Kong. Please visit our website at www.alcentra.com for more information.
Working within the European Direct Lending Operations Team the role is wide ranging requiring the successful candidate to work collaboratively within the Direct Lending operations team to meet multiple deadlines across a broad range of Direct Lending Funds. The role will require developing an in depth knowledge of the fund structures used for the Direct Lending strategy and working closely with the portfolio management, business development and investor relations teams.
The successful candidate will have to demonstrate a good eye for detail with a strong numeric background and be proactive with managing and completing numerous on-going workflows.
The Direct Lending Operations team is responsible for the following key areas:
- Preparation of Quarterly NAV's and review of investor capital statements
- Monitoring of hedging and preparation of hedging packs
- Assisting with the year-end audit process
- Monitoring and management of fund liquidity including preparation of fund drawdowns and distribution
- Cash and positions reconciliations
- Management of the quarterly valuation process
- Maintenance of portfolio management systems to ensure that all information is accurate and up to date.
- Liaison with fund administrators and depositaries to ensure that all reporting is completed on a timely basis and providing clear communication to ensure workflows are managed correctly.
- Working with investor relations and business development teams to provide investor and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Fund and Trade compliance
- Management of new investment funding's across multiple funds.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant experience from working within an asset manager within the fund operations or accounting team.
- Knowledge of limited partnership or closed ended fund structures
- Degree level education (preferably 2:1 or higher)
- Strong levels of attention to detail and ability to question and improve detailed output
- Ability to interact effectively with different teams within the firm and other external parties including clients.
- MS Office: Strong Excel skills essential
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51667
Organization: Alcentra Group-HR13364
Requisition Number: 1716236
Tags: EFC:EMEA: 2-I