Aladdin Business, Head of Insight Research and Analytics, Vice President
Description About this role Our Team
The eFront Insight business provides a market leading data and analytics Private Markets solution. Our core offering is a data collection and analytics service, connecting Asset Owners (LPs) and Asset Managers (GPs). As part of this service, we produce a market leading benchmark comprised of anonymized investor cashflows and deal level characteristics. The Insight Research & Analytics team provides world-class expertise in the collection, validation, and research analysis of this private markets benchmark. The data collected is made available via our eFront Insight platform, quarterly research papers, and as an input into Aladdin's best-in-class factor risk models.
eFront , a part of the Aladdin Business within BlackRock, is a leading software provider of end-to-end solutions dedicated to the Alternative Investments industry. Role Description
We are seeking a candidate to lead and grow the Insight Research & Analytics team. The ideal candidate is experienced in financial research, process-oriented and able to implement and improve a high-quality business process. The candidate can work across a dynamic, fast-paced financial technology organization.
Key responsibilities include:
• Leading a team across multiple locations responsible for the quarterly compilation and analysis of Fund and Deal level data to produce Benchmarks on private investment instruments
• Owning the end-to-end dataset which powers Insight's analytic capabilities. This includes:
Ensuring cleanliness of the dataset, bringing the data to the market in the timeliest fashion possible
Driving initiatives to enhance and scale the data collection service and Quality Control, thus enriching the analytics provided on the Insight Research Platform
Growing the dataset through active engagement with the LP and GP community Establishing clear policies around data usage rights
• Partnering with the Marketing team to leverage the Fund and Deal level data aggregated data in producing research papers and valuable insights on trends in the private markets
• Partnering with the Aladdin Business and BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI) to further the analytical capabilities of the Insight benchmarks and products
• Working with the Insight Client Success function on campaigns to increase user adoption across our LP and GP community
• Working with Product Management on enriching the private markets analytics available in Insight Experience Required
• Bachelor or Master degree preferably in Financial Markets, Engineering, or both
• MS Office knowledge, particularly Advanced Excel
• Experience in Programming Languages (i.e. Python, SQL) are preferred
• General financial markets knowledge is required; Familiarity with Private Markets specific financial metrics is a plus
• 7+ years' relevant work experience, with some management experience
• Excellent analytical capabilities and demonstrated attention to detail
• Excellent English verbal and written Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.