Agile Business Analyst - CMB
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 24 Apr 19
Agile Business Analyst - CMB
The role of the Scaled Agile Business Analyst is to base within Commercial Banking.
Commercial Banking (CMB) operates in around 60 countries and territories, covering the developed and developing markets that matter most to our customers. Through our teams of relationship managers, we connect businesses to opportunities, helping them to thrive and grow.
CMB is investing heavily in digital capabilities for customers and colleagues, with a number of major digital initiatives underway. These include exploring a number of areas of potential business model innovation, particularly focused on open APIs, ecosystems, and partnerships with leading FinTech / technology players.
CMB is seeking an experienced multi-functional scaled agile business analyst to support design a major programme of work focused on implementing cutting edge digital product development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead requirements gathering and definition activities across both proposition and operating model within a scaled agile development environment
- Work closely with the Product Owner and Operating Model Lead to understand needs and document requirements utilising scaled agile frameworks
- Identify, review and analyse business processes and systems to understand design implications across Business, IT and Operations
- Document end-to-end delivery of changes from scoping and initial requirement elaboration, to release and evaluation including and any ongoing feature enhancements or changes
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
- Possess excellent Business Analyst skills
- Worked on scale agile implementations using any of the standard custom frameworks, Dad, Nexus, Less and SAFe; and
- Evidence of successful delivery and of being able to manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Strong analytical background with a high degree of attention to detail;
- Background working in cross-functional teams to drive requirements capture; and
- Experience in business and process analysis, change initiatives & re-engineering.
- Ability to build strong relationships across Business, IT and Operations;
- Flexible and able to adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment; and
- Confident and open to challenging existing protocols and processes.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Built effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
- A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications
- A broad understanding of financial budgets/statements/models, with experience of analysing data effectively for planning, forecasting and reporting
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies