Agile Business Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Trust in SODA
- 05 Dec 17 2017-12-05
Agile Business Analyst Central London £450pd
Agile Business Analyst
A global industry leading company is looking for an experienced Agile Business Analyst to join its expanding team and work on cutting edge agile software development projects.
The BA will be providing analysis work relating to, business/systems requirement analysis on both new and existing systems for various departments from broking to operations and finance. This may include some application support, testing and training on the solutions developed in-house or externally. The role will also include an element of project management, where you will be managing and scheduling development sprints for various projects.
This is a great opportunity for someone with around 5-10 years of business analysis experience in an applications development environment. You will be working alongside an established BA team and a development team on multiple projects at the same time. Ideally, you will be educated to degree level in a technical or science related discipline, or have suitable knowledge/experience and initiative to analyse and write effective and efficient requirement specifications
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver any artefacts as needed, including: Functional Specification Documents, User stories (in BDD format), change requests, screen and interface designs
- Engage in multiple projects simultaneously
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Collaborate with the Development team and subject matter experts to ensure business and systems requirements are understood and effectively transitioned into robust technical designs.
- Propose solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs.
- Proactively carries out project support /administrative functions.
- Effectively manage and prioritise own work load, providing regular status updates as required.
- Where required, plan and participate in system testing activity and facilitate UAT and system training
- Writes or provides guidance to others for the completion of support documentation, including user help documentation, guides and manuals and updates to the internal applications wiki.
- Manage and organise agile development sprints, which includes scheduling of resources
Core skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience (around 10 years) as a Business Analyst covering the full project lifecycle
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail in both analysis and written work
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to engage confidently with stakeholders at all levels across both the business and IT
- Previous exposure to web development technologies such as C#, ASP.NET would be an advantage.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Experience of project management disciplines including waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Ability to plan and schedule development backlog into sprints in an Agile environment
- Demonstrable experience in facilitating agile ceremonies
- Demonstrable experience in producing project plans and development roadmaps
- Ability to lead a development team in delivery of a project
- Analytical and process-based skills, i.e. process flow diagrams, business & process modelling, data analysis
- Proficient in MS Office (in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio, MS Project)
- Experience of training users on software applications
- Some experience of testing or analysing mathematical/analytical scenarios
- Agile certifications as a scrum master and/or product owner
- Familiarity of the financial services industry