Advisory & Financing Group – Analyst 3/Associate 1
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Advisory & Financing Group- Analyst 3/Associate 1
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
GLFI/Chairman Rating Advisory
GLFI/AFG (JV with CORI) is responsible for the delivery of rating and acquisition finance-related services.
GLFI/AFG/SAF is in charge of financing activities for strategic acquisitions (excluding financing activities for acquisitions on the Technologies-Media-Telecom sector) for "investment grade" and "non-investment grade” clients:
Financing of strategic acquisitions for GBIS corporate clients, as well as certain major French groups covered by the Retail Banking Network in France, which are identified by name;
Strategic analysis in terms of financing and optimisation of the client's capital structure, with the other GBIS BLs;
Strategic analysis in terms of financing of any requirement relating to a merger, demerger or any significant change to the client's scope of consolidation.
GLFI/AFG/ADV is in charge of providing guidance to the Bank's corporate clients on external ratings and on questions related to rating agencies' methodologies, agency credit views and debt capacity benchmarking.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
A. Support rating dialogue with key SG clients on rating agency related matters conducted by Chairman of SG Rating Advisory
B. Originate and execute acquisition finance and/or rating advisory mandates with corporate clients covered out of London
C. Provide integrated debt structuring/capital structure/rating advisory/acquisition finance solutions to key clients of the bank, to promote SG's offer in loan and capital markets, in close cooperation with coverage and corporate finance
D. Represent AFG in internal dialogues with colleagues to provide advisory to the client base
Summary of responsibilities
1. To support strategic rating dialogue conducted by Chairman SG Rating Advisory
• Monitor and comment on news flow from rating agencies on relevant matters such as methodology changes, industry reports, etc
• Ability to prepare internal and external communication highlighting key rating developments and how these could impact the credit positioning of key clients
• Identify opportunities with regard to how such news flow from the rating agencies could represent business opportunities for SG, in close dialogue with the chairman of sg rating advisory and other senior members of the sg rating advisory team in London
2. To contribute to the team's efforts to effective coverage of clients
• In conjunction with CORI and GBIS business lines, pitch targeted clients in order to originate acquisition finance/rating advisory mandates, and to provide guidance on debt structuring/capital structure/rating matters
• To participate in the preparation and delivery of multi-products pitch and execution, and to assist in the development of structured marketing plans
* To produce and/or participate in the production of timely and accurate financial models, marketing material/pitches, credit/rating analyses
3. To contribute to developing and maintaining a track record of mandates
• To assess (when relevant) feasibility of transactions/mandates, including underwriting and capital commitment, in light of available resources and profitability metrics
• To participate in the production and drafting of mandates, term sheets, legal documentation in conjunction with external/internal counsel (where applicable), and to negotiate such documents in close consultation with other seniors and experiences professionals of AFG
4. To contribute to the effective and responsible execution of mandates
* To participate in the mandates/deals execution in a timely manner, in full compliance with SG's internal procedures (and in close contact with closing/back office managers when applicable)
• To assist in carrying out due diligence when applicable
• To ensure continued usage of the appropriate presentation, credit, rating, underwriting, legal documentation as per prevailing compliance standards, and to act responsibly within agreed credit risk limits
• To ensure that all internal and regulatory procedures are adhered to and complied with, including but not limited to compliance with Chinese walls, insider lists, conflict checks, management of confidential/insider information, KYC, MIFID (when relevant) and all related aspects
• To be aware of operational risks and respect guidelines defined by the bank in order to prevent them, including meeting all internal compliance rules and compliance with SG's code of conduct
5. To support the development of advisory and product offering in line with AFG's strategy and priorities
• To deliver solid modelling/financing material
• To develop and promote AFG and the acquisition finance/rating advisory franchise/products with clients and within SG
• To keep abreast of new market/sector/methodologies/products developments and leverage them with client and internally in the implementation of origination strategies
6. To represent AFG in internal dialogues with colleagues to provide best-in-class advisory to the client base
• To establish close cooperation between AFG and other GBIS business lines to provide clients with innovative financing/rating solutions and best execution
• To actively seek opportunities to cross-sell SG's full product range
7. To support the development of the AFG franchise in line with GLFI's and SG Group's strategy and priorities
• To adequately report to AFG management and COO information related to ongoing transactions including permanent supervision, exposure management and escalate problems appropriately
• To provide AFG management with a full and accurate view of pipeline deals via appropriate reporting tools in place
8. Ethics and regulatory requirements
• To be compliant in respect of conduct, behavioral and compliance culture matters; to participate in the embedding of a positive compliance culture within her/his perimeter
• To respect rules to protect the bank's interests
• To pay utmost attention to risk of breach of professional and business ethics
• To act to protect the bank's and clients' reputation
• To be knowledgeable about the Code of Conduct, and the risk and compliance rules of her/his activity
• To be aware and compliant with the bank's regulatory policies, including inter alia insider information management, Chinese walls, clean desk policies, personal investment policy, email classification, contact with investment research, gift and entertainment policy, use of disclaimers in pitches or documents
Level of autonomy and authority
• Capacity to execute with a large degree of autonomy AFG mandates and deliver marketing pitches, under close supervision of other senior and experienced professionals of the team.
1. Understanding of the loan and capital markets / M&A / credit ratings, its dynamics and the related instruments, including credit and rates derivatives, to propose relevant advisory and financing solutions
2. Capacity to generate pitch material that is clear, structured, compelling, and comprehensive in addressing clients' needs
3. Responsibility – awareness and understanding of risks (conduct, reputational, financial, etc.) for AFG, GLFI, CORI, and SG Group, and ability to act responsibly in line with SG Group Values, Code of Conduct, and other applicable rules & regulations
1. Client orientation – ability to contribute to the team's efforts in building and maintaining trusted client relationships
2. Client orientation – consistency and rigour in following up on clients' needs
3. Client orientation – demonstrate initiative and team collaboration to develop business adapted to clients' and markets' needs
4. Innovation – ability to contribute to the team's efforts to the development of new client base, advisory, and products
5. Team spirit – ability to work with people with diverse, international backgrounds
6. Commitment – ability to prioritise tasks and to manage competing deadlines, and to deliver on team's priorities
7. Communication skills – including language skills (as relevant)
Several years of experience at one of the main rating agencies or rating related advisory would be a significant plus.
Business Schools, LSE, Sciences Po or similar.
Master in Finance.
English, command of an additional language (French, German, Spanish, Russian) a plus.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.