Ads Consumer Finance Lead, Amazon Advertising Europe
DESCRIPTION Amazon seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to support its growing European Amazon Advertising business and lead Advertising Finance for Consumer. Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of advertising and ecommerce and offers advertisers a rich array of innovative advertising solutions across Amazon's mobile and desktop websites, proprietary devices and DSP solutions. We are breaking fresh ground and pioneering a crucial platform for future Amazon growth. We are entrepreneurial and have a bias for action with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate. This role is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing divisions within Amazon.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to lead Advertising Finance for Consumer. The candidate will be an experienced and highly motivated individual who will partner with multiple stakeholders across Advertising, Consumer, Business Operations and Finance. The successful candidate will be responsible for financial controllership and analytical insights on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. They will conduct in depth analysis to uncover opportunities or risks and help advise leadership across strategic initiatives.
This role requires an individual with exceptional analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen, strong partnership skills and a strategic thinker. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and collaborating with multiple stakeholders. The candidate will have strong financial and technical skills, exceptional attention to detail and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Analytical insight on the advertising and consumer business.
• Partnership with multiple stakeholders across advertising, consumer, business operations and finance.
• Effective collaboration to reach quarterly and annual goals.
• Strategic thought leadership on initiatives. Tracking and measuring projects and providing recommendations.
• Process improvement, developing and implementing efficiencies.
• Working with big data to drive actionable insights.
• Financial controllership, reporting and planning.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Commerce or similar discipline with analytical bias.
• Relevant work experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • MBA or Post Graduate Degree in relevant field.
• Comfortable working in cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
• Experience solving complex and large-scale problems.
• Experience with statistical analysis, financial analysis and data science.
• Advanced Excel modelling skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.