Administrative Assistant - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Nov 18
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is sourcing for a dynamic and enthusiastic Executive Assistant who functions in a pro-active, detail-oriented manner in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional who has deep experience supporting senior managers with global responsibilities in a financial services firm. The candidate should be flexible and comfortable with change, a team player who always lends a hand, resourceful and creative, and a clear communicator with strong organizational skills. This person should provide leverage to the manager and a small, highly coordinated team by completing tasks independently with strong attention to detail.
- Responsible for the daily schedule of one or more individuals; anticipate necessary background materials, directions and other items required for each activity on the schedule. Maintain busy calendars involving multiple time zones, schedule meetings and ensure managers arrive to meetings on time
- Handle a broad range of duties from day to day operational activities involving the global Management Committee and partners to scheduling meetings and correspondence with Executive management, clients and their assistants
- Coordinate a large volume of travel planning including hotel accommodations and airline reservations
- Provide core administrative support such as printing, copying, answering phones, coordinating conference rooms and meal arrangements, greeting visitors and clients
- Process and track expense reports and reimbursements
- Produce letters, memoranda, presentations, reports, etc. as necessary; proofread documents for appropriate grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Assist in presentation preparation
- Manage inventory of supply stock for the team daily
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed
- Communicate professionally and confidently
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of ten years of corporate executive administrative experience in roles that interfaced with external clients and executive management
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Discreet in handling sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to anticipate needs and make sound decisions with minimal direction
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment and interact with senior management under highly demanding conditions.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work well in a team environment, including with admins and members of all seniority levels from within and outside of our business; be proactive in assisting others as needed
- Strong time management skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments with a high degree of accuracy, and meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance
- Polite and professional phone manner a must
- Must have superior skills in MS Word, Outlook and proficiency knowledge in PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience and proficiency working with automated expense tracking, online travel etc.
- Must be flexible to work overtime and be available as needed
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.