This role would suit a qualified/part qualified Actuary and will begin working from home and will then work between home and one of our offices in London/Edinburgh/Stirling.
This role sits within the Financial Reporting team. It requires a qualified or part qualified actuary who has a good understanding of the Solvency II and IFRS balance sheets. This role will involve supporting the Finance Reporting area in project and issues management, as well as reporting on new business.
The role will require developing a strong overview of the M&G plc business and Finance Reporting processes, communicating with wider business areas and understanding the impact of various factors on the financial results. This will feed into the co-ordination of Finance Reporting input into projects and non-Reporting processes, and the preparation of reports and presentations on a range of topics to senior business leaders.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract/secondment opportunity which will begin working remotely and will then have a blended approach between working from home and one of our offices in Stirling, Edinburgh or London.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Produce high quality management information, meeting customer needs, within a robust control framework
- Liaise with the wider Finance teams to understand the impact of various projects and other activities on the financial results
- Deliver and develop the analysis and reporting around new business and shareholder transfer results; working to ensure results are produced in a controlled manner, well-explained and accurately communicated to senior stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise to design solutions as part of change projects and issues management work within Finance Reporting where required
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Good technical actuarial knowledge, with attention to detail
- Motivated and willing to take responsibility and ownership of the work assigned
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to pick up technical understanding of a specific issue in a short timeframe, work with others to get more information and to challenge the as-is process
- Demonstrable experience of problem solving and providing practical solutions to complex problems
- Commercial aptitude and the ability to consider the impact of decisions
- Strong commercial and collaboration skills
- Ability to express own viewpoint and to communicate clearly on complex actuarial issues
- Knowledge of the business and Solvency II and/or IFRS financial reporting experience would be an advantage, however on-the-job training will be provided to successful candidate.
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Recruiter: Emma Pryde