Actuarial & Risk Manager - Life
Job Description Summary:
Actuarial& Risk Manager - Life
Become part of the Grant Thornton Actuarial Life Assurance consulting team and develop your career, with project driven work this is an opportunity to not be pigeonholed but expand your capabilities. Job Description:
- Actuarial & Risk Manager - Life
Job Description Summary
Become part of the Grant Thornton Actuarial Life Assurance consulting team and develop your career, with project driven work this is an opportunity to not be pigeonholed but expand your capabilities.
Let's talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you'll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Actuarial Life Manager.
Making quality second nature.
• Keeps abreast of relevant industry and professional developments and contributes to thought leadership.
• Builds a personal network from which leads could be generated.
• Contributes to developing new business from own contacts and collaborative working with FSG colleagues or others in the wider firm.
• Supports the development, launch and exploitation of new initiatives and service lines to diversify the business.
• Takes part in networking events and introduces contacts to colleagues.
• Acts as an ambassador for the firm where opportunities arise to raise the profile of FSG and Grant Thornton in the market place.
• Demonstrates an awareness of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and contributes to cross selling.
• Ensures client take-on is completed in accordance with Grant Thornton risk management procedures.
• Takes day to day management responsibility for delivery of client assignments.
• Effectively manages client expectations regarding fees, delivery and deadlines.
• Prepares fee estimates and budgets for client assignments and can make and justify any required changes to these as the assignment progresses.
• Ensures assignments are delivered to budget and that any variances are escalated at an early stage.
• Ensures own time is utilised effectively, as well as time of staff on their assignments, and identifies opportunities to work more efficiently.
• Adheres to the Firm's risk management policies and is aware of changes in the Firm's approach to risk management.
• Participates in the presentation of conclusions and recommendations to the client and discusses the implications and action points.
• Designs and undertakes high quality analytical work requiring minimal input from senior managers, directors and partners.
• Writes high quality, professionally presented reports, requiring minimal input from senior managers, directors and partners.
• Deputises effectively for senior managers and directors as necessary.
• Ensures all files are closed down on completed projects in accordance with Grant Thornton policy.
• Projects a confident and professional image.
- Qualified Actuary under the UK's institute or other countries equivalent or relevant market experience
- Worked with in a consultancy environment or been involved in managing and driving project-based work forward
- A deep and rich knowledge of the Life Assurance Actuarial market and the actuarial reporting procedures including adhere to regulating bodies such as the FCA and PRA
- Managed junior team members and mentored them to success
- Confident and experienced in managing internal and external stakeholders
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we'll want you to show us how they're important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible - changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people's lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what's right.
Bring your whole self
Now you've seen our values, it shouldn't be a surprise that we're creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
"We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone - regardless of background or gender." Dave Dunckley, CEO
Application start date 30/09/20 and closes 29/10/2020