• Keeps abreast of relevant industry and professional developments and contributes to thought leadership.
• Builds a personal network from which leads could be generated.
• Contributes to developing new business from own contacts and collaborative working with FSG colleagues or others in the wider firm.
• Supports the development, launch and exploitation of new initiatives and service lines to diversify the business.
• Takes part in networking events and introduces contacts to colleagues.
• Speaks at Grant Thornton seminars, industry and professional events.
• Acts as an ambassador for the firm where opportunities arise to raise the profile of FSG and Grant Thornton in the market place.
• Demonstrates an awareness of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and contributes to cross selling.
• Participates in business development activities and contributes effectively to sales pitches and drafting proposals.
• Ensures client take-on is completed in accordance with Grant Thornton risk management procedures.
• Takes day to day management responsibility for delivery of client assignments.
• Effectively manages client expectations regarding fees, delivery and deadlines.
• Plays an active role in the Actuarial & Risk team, managing, mentoring, coaching and advising team members as appropriate and contributing to positive morale.
• Works collaboratively across all areas within the FSG to maximise our contribution to the firm and to clients.
• Acts as a role model for more junior staff and provides constructive upward feedback to more senior colleagues.
• Develops others, providing appropriate learning and development opportunities and interventions.
• Works in line with the firm's CLEARR values, of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility.
• Seeks regular feedback and identifies and acts upon learning and development needs in order to develop technical and personal skills.
• Becomes expert (eg recognised speaker or "go to" person in department) in at least one technical area.
• Completes a timely appraisal and personal development plan for self and others, as appropriate.
• Meets CPE requirements and completes return on time.
• Meets all relevant requirements of Actuarial Profession.
Operations and results
• Prepares fee estimates and budgets for client assignments and can make and justify any required changes to these as the assignment progresses.
• Ensures assignments are delivered to budget and that any variances are escalated at an early stage.
• Ensures own time is utilised effectively, as well as time of staff on their assignments, and identifies opportunities to work more efficiently.
• Ensures fees are collected in a timely manner and debtors kept to a minimum.
• Adheres to the Firm's risk management policies and is aware of changes in the Firm's approach to risk management.
• Keeps senior managers, directors and partners informed of progress, promptly draws issues to their attention and implements agreed actions.
• Participates in the presentation of conclusions and recommendations to the client and discusses the implications and action points.
• Designs and undertakes high quality analytical work requiring minimal input from senior managers, directors and partners.
• Writes high quality, professionally presented reports, requiring minimal input from senior managers, directors and partners.
• Deputises effectively for senior managers and directors as necessary.
• Ensures all files are closed down on completed projects in accordance with Grant Thornton policy.
• Projects a confident and professional image.