Active Equity Investment Risk Analyst
Description About this role Business Overview
The Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group provides independent oversight of BlackRock's fiduciary and enterprise risks. RQA's principal objectives are to advance the firm's risk management practices and to deliver independent risk expertise and constructive challenge to drive better business and investment outcomes. RQA's risk managers play a meaningful role in BlackRock's investment process, using quantitative analysis and a multi-disciplinary skillset to tackle real-world problems and provide tangible solutions in the investment management process.
RQA is committed to investing in our people to increase individual enablement and ultimately build a stronger team. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion which encourages collaboration, innovation, diversity and the development our future leaders. We actively engage in discussions on career growth and work with team members to understand how personal passions and strength connect with our purpose. What the RQA group at BlackRock has:
- The opportunity to provide real world solutions that help preserve and protect the hopes and dreams of (truly) billions of people around the world
- A team of outstanding risk managers and quants partnering with portfolio management teams to oversee our clients' portfolios
- Global colleagues with subject matter expertise in investing, macroeconomics, financial modeling and strategy
What you have:
- Partnering with senior risk managers to help ensure that the risks are fully understood by Portfolio Management and are consistent with our clients' objectives and risk constraints
- Knowing the investment risks by thoroughly understanding all investments and trades
- Regularly monitoring risks in the portfolios and presenting pertinent analyses on markets, portfolio risk and performance drivers to portfolio management teams
- Helping portfolio managers with portfolio construction and scenario analysis
- A degree in a quantitative field, e.g., mathematics, computer science, economics, engineering
- An ability to explain complex ideas in simple but impactful terms and proven ability to use effective communication to influence outcomes
- A passion for applying quantitative techniques to real-world problems and being a student of the financial markets
- An understanding of the fundamental principles of risk management including risk estimation methodologies, stress testing and attribution
- A love of models, an understanding of their limitations and a desire to improve them
- Proven coding skills in R, Python, etc.
- FRM or CFA designation or other industry certifications (or are working towards one) is a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.