Accounts Payable Administrator - 12 month fixed term contract
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic and conscientious individual to cover a maternity leave within our London Cost Operations Team. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 6,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. The team
The Cost Operations team of 7 is based in London and with it's counterparts in Luxembourg provide invoice matching and payment processing for Schroders operations for most Schroders offices globally. The team is friendly, hardworking and operates to a high standard. What you'll do
You will be responsible for
• Reviewing the scan and capture of invoices as they arrive and ensuring data is correctly entered into our core payments system.
• Matching invoices to purchase orders and managing invoices through to payment including the resolution of PO matching exceptions (i.e. holds relating to tax, tolerance and approval).
• Review of high risk invoices for correct coding.
• Review of invoices multi period accounting.
• Supporting the correct capture of supplier static data.
• Monitoring of aged invoices
• Input of manual and one time payments including static data amendments for returned funds.
• Responding to queries from both our suppliers and internal business partners.
• Working closely with procurement to manage payments to conclusion.
• Performing call backs to confirm bank details with new suppliers.
• Understanding and implementing Schroders payables policies
• Reviewing expense claims
• Supporting credit card administration The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Prior experience of accounts payable operations (minimum 3 years).
• Awareness of local Tax/Vat coding
• Knowledge of Ms Excel The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Arcivate and / or Oracle Fusion experience an advantage
• Experience of working across different tax jurisdictions
• Prior experience of PO Matching
• A candidate with knowledge of German would have an advantage. What you'll be like
The successful candidate will be conscientious, control focused and have a good attention to detail. They will be a strong team player with the ability to communicate effectively across a range of internal and external stakeholders. We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.