- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
The role of the Account Clerk is responsible for the accurate execution of data input into the accounting system. This needs to be done on a real-time basis.
They are considered as the starting point of the financial operation process, in particular the Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) function. For example, the Accounts Clerk is required to to allocate invoices to the correct nominal and departmental code, within the general ledger system.
The Accounts Clerk will obtain approval from the relevant authorisors (such as a department head, budget holder or delegated approver), through the "focal-point" workflow tool, prior to its entry into the accounting system. The entries to the system are then reviewed and progressed by a reviewer.
The direct reporting line is to the reviewer. As well as the responsibilities outlined in this document, the Accounts Clerk is expected to undertake any other duties as required by the reviewer commensurate with the post.
Organising and prioritising
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills
- Information management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Team work
- Ability to meet deadlines
Note: Although no formal accounting qualification is required, a foundation accounting qualification, such as AAT is desirable.
Overview of core responsibilities:
To record all purchase ledger invoices received from suppliers; receipts and payments from payables and receivables on the bank statement, for processing in the general ledger system.
- Daily input of purchase ledger invoices received.
- Queries to and from vendors.
- Enter payments to be made in the online banking platform to be approved by the authorised bank account approvers.
- Processing of employee business expense claims within NAM UK travel and expense system in-line with NAM UK policies.
- Input of receipts and payments from the bank statement into the general ledger system.
- All foreign currency transfers into the GBP account using correct FX rates.
- To reconcile the banks accounts on a daily basis.
- Prepare sales invoices from data received from Portfolio Administration team.
- Input Sales invoices into the general ledger system.
- Correct reversal of accrued revenue when entering sales invoices into the general ledger system.
- Maintaing an "Entertainment Report" for all staff and client entertainment performed by employees throughout the year for PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA) calculations.
- Term Deposits entries into the general ledger system.
- Accrual report updates.
- Maintain a "Work Allocation" and "EOD MIS" (end of day management information summary) report to be delivered to the reviewer, primarily as a status update on daily operations.