Accounts Associate (2018011)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- River and Mercantile Group
- 10 Mar 18 2018-03-10
The Finance function is seeking to bring on an Accounts Associate. As the business grows and demand on the finance function increases, the finance function needs a dedicated person to maintain the accounts payable ledger, accounts receivable ledger and bank. This role is considered a key hire in the ongoing development plans of the Finance function
Overview of the Company
River and Mercantile Group PLC (R&M) is a Solutions and Asset Management business with a broad range of services. Our Solutions Division provides Advisory and Fiduciary services to a large client base predominantly in the UK, primarily institutional pension schemes, both DC and DB and insurance firms. Our Asset Management activities currently focus on Equities, Derivatives and Multi-Asset Solutions serving a global client base of institutional clients and wholesale and retail financial intermediaries and strategic relationships.
We have a clear focus on delivering outcome-orientated investment. Understanding the needs of our clients and crafting the right investment solutions for them requires talented, ambitious professionals to be part of the drive to take forward our business.
Our 250 people work with institutional pension funds, insurers and retail investors to tailor investments and manage the associated risks. In total, we manage £31bn of assets, including notional, and consult on a further £25bn.
Our employees are drawn from a diverse range of specialisms from across the financial services spectrum, their experience spanning entry-level to seasoned executives. Our multi-national, multi-lingual teams have backgrounds as actuaries, fund managers, derivatives traders, investment bankers, accountants, systems developers and in insurance, legal and regulatory fields.
This makes us a firmly established yet enterprising company with a dynamic team ethos, not afraid to exploit the creative freedom to develop new ideas and push the leading edge of award-winning investment thinking.
River and Mercantile Group is listed in the premium segment of the official list of the FCA and traded on the London Stock Exchange.
River and Mercantile Group serves a large client base predominantly in the UK. Our subsidiary companies, P-Solve Investments Limited and River and Mercantile Asset Management LLP are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
This role will be working under the River and Mercantile Group Plc business.
What we are looking for
Finance is seeking an Accounts Associate to maintain the accounts receivable ledger, accounts payable ledger and bank. The successful candidate will have an inherent understanding of financial accounting concepts and risks in order to ensure their successful mitigation.
• Review, verify invoices and check requests
• Sort, code and match invoices
• Set invoices up for payment
• Enter and upload invoices into system
• Track expenses and process expense reports (Cascade)
• Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
• Prepare and perform check runs
• Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
• Reconcile accounts payable transactions
• Reconcile accounts receivable transactions
• Prepare analysis of accounts
• Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
• Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
• Maintain vendor files
• Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
• Produce monthly reports
• Assist with month end closing
• Provide supporting documentation for audits
• Reconcile bank and cash for all UK entities
• Assist with debt collection
Knowledge and Experience
Accounting and Systems
• Experience of computerised accounting systems, preferably SUN, including report writing
• Proficient Microsoft Office user Analytical Skills
• A meticulous and methodical approach
• Ability to develop and improve report formats in line with business and key stakeholder needs
• Ability to deliver accurate, high quality work and reports to deadlines and to required standards
• Self-motivation and drive
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation
• Proven relationship building skills
• Flexible approach to work, willing to play a full role in ensuring the success of the team
• Previous bookkeeping experience preferred
• Financial service industry background preferred