Perform Accounts Assistant duties such as processing invoices, payments and staff expenses. This role will also assist the team to facilitate timely and accurate preparation of financial and monthly management accounts, general reporting, analysis and assisting with ad-hoc departmental projects.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Processing invoices – logging in SUN, liaising with suppliers and internal departments to resolve any queries and ensuring invoices are approved and paid on time.
- Processing staff expense claims – checking expenses have been entered correctly and are in line with the company policy, liaising with claimants and approvers as necessary.
- Providing support and backup to the legal & professional invoicing process which will involve working with colleagues in Guernsey and the Legal and Finance teams in London to ensure timely resolution of queries, approval and payment of invoices.
- Assist in the month end process - preparing accruals and prepayments journals, checking and uploading trial balances for overseas entities into SUN.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register – registering acquisitions and disposals, establishing depreciation in accordance with the asset classification and posting monthly depreciation journals.
- Ensuring the correct coding of LP meeting costs to aid timely reimbursement of recoverable expenses from the funds. During the fundraising process, coding recoverable costs to aid reconciliations and preparation of reports to facilitate timely and regular reimbursement from the GP.
- Performing monthly reviews of creditor and debtor account balances to check for debit/credit balances.
- Contributing to projects to help the team improve our processes, systems and efficiency.
- Tasks such as dealing with sterling and foreign currency petty cash requests, bank reconciliations and ensuring requests to use the company credit card are in line with company policy.
- Performing detailed review of invoices for quarterly VAT returns.
Qualifications and experience:
- Previous in an accounts assistant or similar role.
- Experience of accounting systems.
- Experience of staff expense processing systems.
- Proficient user of Excel.
- Knowledge and experience of other main MS Office applications.
- Experience of SUN accounts and Q&A (Vision) reporting tool.
- Experience of Infor Expenses system.
Competencies (key behaviours):
- Good communicator, confident and comfortable dealing with staff at all levels.
- A team player able to actively engage and build strong working relationships across the company.
- Proactive, uses initiative and able to work independently.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise as appropriate.
- A good eye for detail.
- Ensuring invoices are paid in a timely manner and within payment terms
- Staff expenses are reviewed/processed within set deadlines