Accounting & Reporting Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
At Sainsbury’s Argos, the great digital transformation is under way. It’s our aim to become the digital market leader in choice, value and convenience, so our Finance teams are more important to us now than ever before. They’re the people who provide support across the business and help make the crucial decisions that will allow us to develop into a leading digital retailer.
We have joined Sainsbury’s in our journey to become a leading retail organisation and ensuring we place our customers at the heart of everything we do. Together we have a great opportunity to build a brilliant future and do a fantastic job for all our customers.
The Reporting & Forecasting team provides a key link between the various business partnering and FP&A teams across the business to create budgets, forecasts and strategic plans as well as delivering corporate performance reporting e.g. weekly trading packs, periodic management accounts and investor relations analysis.
The role will involve executing standard period-end transactions, working together with the business to drive completion of accurate and representative financial statements. You will be responsible for developing standardised reporting & insight for Business Partnering teams to drive productive action / improved business performance in collaboration with the business.
As Accounting Reporting Analyst, your main responsibilities will include:
- Perform standard period-end transactions and journals in the core finance system, working together with the business to drive completion of accurate and representative financial statements, submitting outputs to the Accounting & Reporting Manager for review.
- Develop standardised reporting & insight for Business Partnering teams to drive productive action / improved business performance in collaboration with the business.
- Support the delivery of Finance improvement initiatives and implementation of internal & external best practices to enhance process efficiency and quality of outputs including:
- Data quality improvements
- Elimination, simplification and/or automation of transactional activities (e.g. period end, stock accounting, reconciliations etc.)
- Reporting improvements e.g. report rationalisation, design and implementation
- Support external audit preparation.
- Identify where financial controls are not operating as required and drive remediation.
- Take responsibility for managing and developing team members.
- Manage relationships with relevant internal and external (third party) stakeholders.
- Share relevant tools and lessons learnt with Finance & Non-Finance stakeholders.
Your skills & experience will include:
- Qualified accountant with indicative 0-3 post-qualification experience
- Ability to present complex information in a simplified manner
- Ability to identify process issues, understand & fix root causes
- Strong analytical skills, Excel & Access skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work fluidly with data and across systems e.g. reporting tools
- Good inter-personal skills, an empathetic nature and a good sense of humour
- Experience in leading and developing a small team with a wide variation in experience levels, abilities and deliverables
- Enthusiastic, positive and proactive engagement of key Finance and non-Finance stakeholders
- Team player with good presentation and communication skills (both verbal & written)
What you’ll get in return:
If being part of a hugely influential Finance team wasn’t enough, you’ll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary and bonus scheme you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, 22 days’ holiday, a save-as-you-earn scheme, pension and staff discounts at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat