My client a leading professional services firm is currently looking to significantly expand its Business Accounting Advisory practice. The team is comprised of team of Banking and Financial Services technical accounting specialists with extensive experience delivering expert accounting advisory services, financial reporting and regulatory change projects to major Tier-1 financial services clients.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage client opportunities, deliver live engagements, lead small teams and provide input into larger multi-disciplinary teams.
- Respond to clients' ongoing ad-hoc technical accounting queries.
- Analyse client transactions or structures and perform detailed technical accounting analysis, including writing formal accounting opinions where required, e.g. structured transactions or deal accounting.
- Provide clients with advice on technical accounting issues and broader impacts of new accounting standards and regulatory changes.
- Write and review client reports based on analytical exercises (e.g. review of clients' technical accounting decisions, stakeholder interview) to present findings and recommendations.
- Assist clients in their implementation programme for new accounting change or development and post-implementation review programme through delivering client workshops/training, direct assistance in performing the assessment and/or review of clients' assessment, review of technical accounting and risk interpretations prepared by clients e.g. IFRS 9.
Candidate should be a qualified Chartered Accountant: ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent. This role requires hands on audit experience, preferably in the banking or financial services sector. Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards related to financial instruments and/or relevant Financial Services clients is required. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting advisory or technical accounting experience within Financial Services. Any additional Financial Services experience, such as asset management or insurance, would be advantageous.
This is an exciting opportunity for a practice that is anticipating double digit growth over the next year.