Chirag Raichura (FINANCE)
Accounting Advisory VP - 12m FTC
Leading Investment Bank is currently searching for an Accounting Advisory VP to support their Global Product Control team. This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract with the likely potential to move into a permanent role at the end of the assignment. Candidates must be available within a one month notice period.
- Produce and review accounting opinions on transactions and accounting issues in line with existing or new Group accounting policies
- Create and recommend Group accounting policies, providing detailed practical guidance
- Provide technical support on the implementation of technical decisions, including through the Subject Matter Expert (‘SME’) groups
- Identify changes in external accounting, regulatory and legal requirements that will have an impact on the Bank
- Provide support to IFRS change working groups on the implementation of new requirements
- Participate in industry forums and contribute to technical discussions regarding alternative solutions to accounting issues
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- Currently working in a technical accounting or accounting policy role
- Product Controllers and Financial Controllers with strong IFRS knowledge will also be considered
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments – essential
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS9 – implementation of IFRS9 is highly desired
- Strong academic background – minimum 2:1 degree
This role involves daily interaction with key stakeholders across to the business including the front office, functions and external stakeholders so therefore you should have exceptional interpersonal skills. The bank offers strong flexible working options with the ability to work from home 2/3 days a week.