Accountant Assistant - Fintech
- Highly competitve - TBD
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Nov 17 2017-11-09
Our client is a fast-paced growing Fintech company that empowers businesses to pay and get paid on the terms they want, releasing cash into the supply chain with zero debt and zero risk.
Our client is a fast-paced growing Fintech company that empowers businesses to pay and
get paid on the terms they want, releasing cash into the supply chain with zero debt and
zero risk. Our client was conceived by a group of leading European business people in
strategic collaboration with world leading non-bank financial institutions. It was designed
from the ground up, reimagining how business payments should work to address once
and for all the problem of late payment within SME supply chains.
Our client is expanding quickly and we are looking to hire a Junior Accountant to help
support the increasing needs of our business. The successful candidate will report
directly to the Finance Manager.
- Manage and take responsibility of one of our key entities including: the month end accounting process (working with a bookeeper), the preparation and management accounts and variance analysis, cash flow, reviewing VAT returns and filing, audit, tax filings etc)
- Own and manage the daily bank reconciliation process
- Liaise with external auditors in relation to annual audits
- Coordinate with French entity to ensure reporting is accurate
- Manage the payroll process for our French entity
- Assist the Finance Manager with reporting and statistics
The Ideal Candidate for this Role:
- Part-qualified in ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Prior experience working within a Finance function
- Able to prioritise work, adhere to deadlines and operate under pressure
- Capable of owning a process and able to identify and implement improvements
- Friendly and approachable – able to work effectively with other teams
- Flexible and able to adapt to the changing needs of small business
- Fluent in French
The team is small, dynamic and fast moving. We have an exciting business. We want someone to join our team who will help us grow, and at the same time, help us maintain good processes and controls. We are looking for great people to help execute the opportunities and vision that this company has. Hopefully you'll be up for the challenge.