Accountant - Operations & Administration
- GBP 50-70k + discretionary bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Profision Shipping Capital Management
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
Profision Shipping Capital Management is a boutique FCA-registered investment management firm that seeks an individual with an accounting background to manage daily and quarter end reconciliation and reporting. The ideal candidate would have accounting experience in a fund, fund administrator or financial institution, or similar experiences gained in a practice. However, other industry background can also be considered. Qualified Accountant only.
We expect the candidate to be an important part of the firm’s growth.
The primary responsibility of the Controller, Operations and Administration is to provide regular operational support to the portfolio manager through performing daily and quarterly portfolio reconciliation, analysis and financial reporting. In this role, the person is expected to take full responsibility for financial records of the portfolios being managed and the management company.
Separately the role is expected to provide general administrative support to the office.
This is ideal for someone who has had the relevant experiences but wanted to move up to a controller role with more comprehensive responsibilities.
Over time, the role is expected to also act as Company Secretary.
- Record transactions based on broker confirmations in a timely fashion
- Perform daily portfolio reconciliation with broker statements and communicate with external parties to resolve any difference
- Manage the commission, rebate calculation and ensure timely settlement
- Report on daily MTM analyzed as required
- Report on certain market metrics on a daily basis
- Prepare quarter-end portfolio financial statements working with external stakeholders
- Regulatory reporting – e.g. Transaction Reporting / ICAAP
- Liaise with external accountant to prepare quarterly VAT return and monthly/annual financial statements
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure efficient audit completion
- Provide office administrative support
- Ad hoc e.g., travel arrangement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accounting qualification obtained whilst working for an accounting firm
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- High level of proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office
- Fund Accounting experience
- Futures and Options knowledge
This role is suitable for someone who wishes to make an impact by being an integral part of a growing operation.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 18 February 2018.