Account Manager - Marketplace Germany
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. With teams in London, San Francisco and Denver, we are fusing finance and tech to create new opportunities for those who want to achieve more. About the role:
As an Account Manager, you will play an integral role in this team's growth. You will prospect customers across a range of business profiles from new starts to larger established businesses, reaching out to individual business owners following a strategic contact strategy. Managing the sales cycle from start to finish, you will consult with both customers, lenders on the panel, and internal stakeholders to deliver a smooth transition to funding through one of our partners products.
You will have a direct influence on the revenue generated for the business and we will provide you a unique opportunity to expand your skills to gain an understanding of a number of different lending products including unsecured and secured loans, asset finance, revolving credit facilities, invoice finance, and in the future, business credit cards among other exciting new products. You will also develop your professional network and understanding within financial services and specifically the SME lending market.
- Engaging with & supporting small business owners in Germany from the point of initial enquiry OR warm handover from another team to drawdown of funding.
- Responsible for your target & managing a high-volume, fast-paced 'pipeline'; constantly presenting applications to a panel of lenders and working closely with them to provide a great service.
- Establishing instant rapport with your customers via telephone and email, cultivating successful relationships with customers.
Building an understanding of the wider SME funding market to enable you to support small businesses in finding the optimal solution.
- Building your portfolio of successful borrowers, seeking opportunities to support them further as their business progresses.
- Seeking ways to improve and adapt operations as we go & sharing knowledge.
Why join us?
- Fluency in the German and English language is essential for this role as you will be speaking to customers daily.
- You will be able to demonstrate prior success in a sales role - ideally B2B experience.
- You are motivated by success in numbers, and driven to achieve your monthly targets. And you are aware that a high level of activity is a key driver to success in sales.
- You easily connect with people and demonstrate natural interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- You know how to organise your day and week - prioritisation is key! And you are someone who is flexible and is prepared to try something different, adapting to change quickly.
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octave - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we're building a culture where difference is valued. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.