Account Executive (Sales)- Financial Institutions
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Not Specified
- Job Type: Full time
An excellent opportunity to join an established sales team focussing on Financial Institutions for State Street Global Advisors.State Street
Purpose of Role
As an Account Executive in our London team you will focus on the Financial Institutions client segment, one of State Street Global Advisors’ key growth channels. This is a dynamic and constantly changing environment and you will understand and confidently deliver on the distinct needs of this multi-layer, complex distribution channel . You will identify prospects and engage senior decision makers within intermediary/sub-advisory channel. The role will have a high degree of focus on connecting with market participants.
This role is predominantly focused growing business from new prospects and introducing new clients to State Street Global Advisors.
We offer the opportunity to work with some of the leading minds in the global investment management industry to bring creative investment solutions to our clients. You will work closely with our investment strategists within our institutional and in house multi asset teams.
You will think strategically about growing this important business channel primarily through success in converting your prospects into new clients. You will get excited in actively leading your client and prospect activities, thereby crafting and influencing the client experience of large and sophisticated financial institution clients.
Successfully growing a portfolio of key clients and prospects and building mutually beneficial relationships that are valuable for our clients and for SSGA.
Contributing to the achievement of revenue targets from a range of strategies and solutions.
Promoting the heritage and capabilities of SSGA as a world-leading provider of beta solutions.
Ensuring our clients and prospects receive positive experiences with the firm by committing to extraordinary client servicing, pre-empting any possible problems and actively improving standards.
Attending client meetings and conferences.
Safeguarding the integrity and culture of our firm by championing risk and compliance policies that protect our clients' interests.
Sharing your knowledge and experience with others in the business as we progress initiatives that make us even more relevant to our clients.
Education and Experience
- Consistent track record in investment management of building and growing client relationships with financial institutions and winning intermediary/sub-advisory mandates.
- Confirmed Experience of sales and relationship management in a global investment management firm.
- Gravitas and credibility at all levels. Validated ability to form influential relationships with senior management.
- Good knowledge of the environment - competitors, regulators, industry bodies, markets, client needs, products and solutions.
- CFA or equivalent graduate-level finance qualification. Excellent knowledge of portfolio management theory, asset classes and investment markets. Expertise in a range of single and multi-asset class solutions.
- Global mind-set and appreciation of operating in a diverse working environment.
- Knowledge of the legal, compliance and regulatory provisions associated with the role.
- Strong listening and influencing skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong idea generation, action orientation and goals focus.
- Effective planning and organising abilities.
Specific Technical Knowledge / Qualificiations
- Experience in navigating complex financial institutions with proven and demonstrable success in winning and managing large intermediary/sub advisory relationships.
- Understands and can navigate the needs of a sophisticated asset management client including dealing, reporting, performance, transitions, STP etc.
- Can authoritatively describe investment process, products and vehicles. Expertise in traditional and alternative investment management products including ETFs. Verbal and written proficiency in such products and markets will be a primary driver of success.
- Advanced communication and client relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide fresh insights and new ways of approaching issues based on well-articulated facts and reasoning.
- Commitment to risk, compliance, governance and regulation policies and procedures.
- Strong communication skills
- Self motivated and entrepreneurial approach
- Confident and dedicated
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Solution oriented mindset
- Strong technical ability with investment industry knowledge.
- Thrives within a collaborative environment
- Enthusiastic, motivated and open
- Excellent time-keeping and adherence to deadlines