The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we're always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
Through the delivery of excellent customer service and the efficient dissemination of information about the potential benefits of retaining investments with Octopus, drive up the rate of retention of funds following the death of investors.
• Build a clear understanding of the current deceased investor process across the Marketing, BDM, Operations and Client Relations teams
• Map the process and identify areas for improvements in the delivery of information to executors, beneficiaries, solicitors acting for deceased estates and financial advisers
• Open up clear channels of telephone, email and/or written communication with these stakeholders to communicate the potential benefits of retention
• Deal sensitively with representatives of deceased investors, showing empathy and providing excellent customer service at what may be a challenging time for them
• Devise and execute a process for identifying business development opportunities with stakeholders that we communicate with as part of the deceased and probate process (e.g. solicitors and financial advisers)
• Participation in mandatory training and at team/company meetings
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
• Passion and aptitude for delivering excellent customer service
• Sales-oriented hunger to deliver successful commercial outcomes for the team and wider business
• Flawless email, and telephone-based communication skills
• Demonstrable ability to work cross-functionally to further team objectives
• Ability to build a strong understanding of the current deceased and probate processes (both internal and external)
• Drive, ambition and self-motivation
• Clear, concise and articulate with an ability to be influential/persuasive when needed
• High quality interpersonal skills with honesty and integrity in your style
• Highly confident telephone manner
• Robust process skills with a flexible work ethic
Our Values and DNA
- At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone to shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we're always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.