Account Director, Institutional Client Service
- Competitive salary offered
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- SEI Investments (Europe) Ltd.
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
This role contributes towards the retention and growth of assets under management by delivering outstanding solutions for clients/prospects and going above and beyond agreed service levels where appropriate. The person in this role will be the primary point of contact for the client and act as their advocate & ensure that all relations with clients are managed efficiently and competently so that the client experience can act as a reference point for prospects.
- Contribute towards the retention and growth of assets under management by delivering outstanding solutions for clients/prospects and going above and beyond agreed service levels where appropriate.
- To be the primary point of contact for the client and act as their advocate highlighting their objectives to relevant internal SEI units and continue to maintain outstanding levels of client satisfaction, strengthening strategic relationships.
- Represent SEI to clients as a professional, progressive and industry leading organisation
- Ensure that all relations with clients are managed efficiently and competently so that the client experience can act as a reference point for prospects.
- Provide clients with an overwhelming positive experience of SEI
- Build credibility and trust with potential clients by attending pre-close meetings/presentations with the sales team as required.
- Pro-actively look to cross sell SEI solutions and increase assets under management. Look for opportunities to convert investment mandates in to fiduciary management mandates.
- Fiduciary Management Mandates - Pro-actively inform clients of asset allocation changes/new product offerings.
- Ensuring that once the decision to appoint SEI has been made by the client the initial transition from the existing manager or managers is conducted, speedily, efficiently and thoroughly.
- Manage the signing of the Fiduciary Management Agreement (FMA) with the client and where necessary its advisors, ensuring that wherever possible negotiations with all parties are concluded with appropriate speed and efficiency.
- Oversee an efficient and cost effective transition of assets from the outgoing manager or managers. This will involve discussions with a number of parties and delegation of responsibilities where necessary, for example to the Transition Co-ordinator.
- Ensure that all legal and regulatory documentation is in place once the client take on procedures have been completed and ensure that, where relevant, such documentation is kept up-to-date.
- Attend quarterly investment reviews and other meetings as required with the client to ensure continued effective communication of client portfolio experience – strategic asset allocation, dynamic asset allocation, risk management strategy, investment performance and portfolio attribution, etc.
- Build strong internal relationships and work closely with different units within SEI to ensure effective delivery of the fiduciary management model to the client.
- Ensure that all reporting to clients is accurate, timely and professional
- Build strong relationship with clients, so that Account Director achieves ‘Trusted Advisor’ status.
- To be pro-active in offering and suggesting ways that SEI can improve the overall client service offering to all clients.
- Develop appropriate reporting and presentation materials for the client.
- Attend client/industry events. Sometimes this may involve representing SEI by presenting at these events.
- Maintenance and updating of internal systems/ data reference points in agreed format to ensure consistency and communication of relevant information within the team and ensure integrity of data.
- Keep Current – (market conditions, regulation, SEI products and services, etc) and maintain ongoing and effective communication of these with clients where appropriate.
- Adhere to all relevant FCA requirements and compliance; and
- Any other ad-hoc projects as required.
Technical Capabilities/Skills & Experience Required for the Role:
- Ideally degree educated (or equivalent) with extensive experience working within financial services. This would preferably be within a client service function servicing institutional clients.
- Solid experience of working with defined benefit pension clients, a superior knowledge of UK pension legislation/environment and a broad understanding of investments, asset allocation and portfolio optimisation.
- An ability to, analyse and draw conclusions about complex pension data.
- Proven relationship management experience in a client facing capacity with Institutional clients. Preferably managing large plan relationships.
- The ability to pick up in-depth knowledge of SEI products and services/technical financial information and effectively communicate that to relevant clients/audiences.
- The ability to be credible in communications with senior personnel including board members.
- Highly developed presentation and facilitation skills.
SEI is an equal opportunities employer
SEI (NASDAQ:SEIC) is a leading global provider of investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions that help corporations, financial institutions, financial advisors, and ultra-high-net-worth families create and manage wealth. As of December 31, 2016, through its subsidiaries and partnerships in which the company has a significant interest, SEI manages or administers $751 billion in hedge, private equity, mutual fund and pooled or separately managed assets, including $283 billion in assets under management and $468 billion in client assets under administration. For more information, visit seic.com.
SEI Investments (Europe) Limited (“SIEL”) is SEI’s London based European subsidiary and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.