T MF Group in Brighton is currently looking for a VAT Account Assistant to join its VAT team. Job Position:
VAT Account Assistant
Europe - Full time - Brighton
Job Purpose: To be responsible for the preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Supporting CAM and SCAMs with European VAT returns
- Working with clients to ensure figures are received in good time
- Process client activity information - sales and purchases
- Complete and submit VAT returns
- Complete and submit EC Sales List and Intrastat reports
- Improve existing procedures and develop guidelines for return processing
- Liaise with tax authorities and TMF offices on technical issues
- Assist in maintaining the 'How To' returns guidelines in each country
- Maintaining information in the company database and client files
- Able to follow a defined process
- Strives for high standards of delivery to clients
- Records their time accurately and within deadline
- Understands and applies control and risk and governance frameworks consistently.
- Acts with integrity
- Trustworthy team member who considers those around them.
- Able to communicate (verbally and through written work) information in a clear and concise manner
Key knowledge and experience:
- Degree Qualifications (2.1 or above) or equivalent
- Minimum of one years' experience in a similar role.
- Expertise in all MS Office packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- German and/or French speaker