AWS Solutions Architect - Migrations
DESCRIPTION 80% of businesses worldwide have yet to start their journey to the cloud, and Public Sector organisations are no exception. If hearing that compels you to engage with senior business and technical leaders to help them achieve their organisation's mission by migrating to AWS, then this is the role for you. As the EMEA Public Sector Migrations Solutions Architect (SA), you will own the migration aspects of the technical relationship with customers, making recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability, operational efficiency and migrations best-practices. You will have the opportunity to dramatically accelerate the adoption of AWS services by guiding our customers on how to begin their journey to cloud.
You will have experience acting as technical lead on migrations and/or large scale transformation projects, engaging and helping them to crystallize the benefits of migrating to cloud and earning trust by demonstrating a clear understanding of cloud solutions.
Joining AWS as a Migrations SA for the EMEA Public Sector gives you the opportunity to:
• Work for the Leader in Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Services, as recognised by Gartner for the 10th consecutive year
• Engage with EMEA Public Sector customers in a diverse range of verticals
• Demonstrate the value of moving to AWS and ensure positive outcomes for our customers
• Technically guide customers and partners to build migration plans and supporting business cases to help accelerate their cloud journey
• Join the team delivering at the forefront of the strategic missions of major EMEA Public Sector organisations in their journey to the cloud
• Be involved in shaping the future of Public Sector service delivery in the cloud
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible migration solutions, enabling customers to achieve their mission. You will use your expertise to assist customers through the discovery and planning phases through to the creation of a technical business case and the final migration plan. You will participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts). You will be able to execute both strategically and tactically when planning cloud migrations, and be excited to take on new, customer defining projects that shape the future of Public Sector organisations.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Demonstrating thought leadership to combine the technical requirements with C Level communications to inspire, define and drive the execution of Enterprise cloud migration strategies
• Technically enabling key customer stakeholders, including CxOs, Technical Decision Makers & Influencers, Procurement Specialists
• Defining, planning and executing technical migration strategies by working with highly technical teams within AWS (Migration Specialists, Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, Professional Services consultants and Managed services partners)
• Facilitating migration discovery and planning workshops for Public Sector customers, architecting appropriate solutions to overcome any technical blockers
• Technically enabling Partner SAs and account SAs on AWS migration strategy, tools and technologies, to grow the migrations partner ecosystem ensuring that we can scale with our largest customers
• Advocate on behalf of the customer to help drive continual improvements to the AWS platform, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of AWS features and services
• Working to continuously to improve and simplify our process to help our customers accelerate their journey to the cloud
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in a Solutions Architect, Enterprise Architect, or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, planning and construction of large scale Enterprise Migration solutions
• Experience of working with traditional on-premise infrastructure and hybrid environments
• Proven track record of working with customers in highly regulated/secure environments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills,, to be able to drive discussions in a customer organisation, as well as the technical background that enables you to easily interact with and give guidance to customers working in operational roles.
• Experience leading the technical components of pre-sales initiatives such as RFP, RFI's etc
• English fluent language and another European language (ideally Dutch, Spanish, Italian, German, French)
50% travel is expected accross EMEA (subject to Covid-19 guidance)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
• Experience in a range of migration discovery, profiling, migration automation, and operations technologies and tools
• Depth in various migration techniques such as re-host, refactor, re-architect, re-platform, repurchase, etc.
• Knowledge of public cloud platforms and technologies, especially differentiation and migration capabilities
• Such as knowledge of and experience in some or all of the following areas:
• Microsoft stack: Windows Server, SQL Server, System Center,
• Hypervisors (Hyper-V, VMWare)
• Public cloud technologies such as Azure and GCP
• Multi-tier distributed architecture experience within IT consulting, IT operations, application development or support
• Experience technically enabling partners
• Experience driving the technical agenda and driving value form mainframe migration projects
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek candidates from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
"Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a long-standing top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates."
For more information on Public Sector roles, please visit - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/teams/Public-Sector