AWS Senior Partner Solutions Architect, Oracle
DESCRIPTION Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? As a Partner Solution Architect focused on Oracle Applications within Amazon Web Services (AWS) partner network, you will have the opportunity to drive adoption of Oracle Applications workloads in AWS.
As the right candidate, you should possess deep technical skills in both Oracle Applications products and cloud computing as well as customer and partner facing skills that will enable you to represent AWS supporting customers and the Oracle community. In order to be successful, you will need strong business and sales background enabling you to easily interact with enterprise customers and sales/field reps. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, enterprise software products, and new technology platforms and architectures.
As a strategic member of the Oracle Applications on AWS team, you will act as a trusted advisor to our systems integrators and partners. This includes:
• Provide architectural guidance and recommendations on running Oracle applications efficiently and reliably on AWS platform
• Work closely with Partner Development Managers, Account Teams and other Solutions Architects throughout the life cycle of partner/customer engagements.
• Assist AWS partners with the definition of technical strategies that will enable them to present their Oracle Application offerings on the AWS platform
• Assist partners define the approach, tools, and target architecture as they migrate customers or build cloud native solutions on Amazon Web Services
• Validate Partner architectures, deliverables, SOW's, Project plans, and other assets required to successfully deliver partner lead customer engagements.
• Assist solution providers with the definition of technical strategies that will enable them to sell more of their offering on the AWS platform.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge with our broader Solution Architect community.
• Develop technical content, such as white papers, blogs and reference architectures that can be used by our customers and partners to assist them in deploying Oracle Applications based solutions in AWS.
• Participate in evangelizing AWS cloud at events like AWS re:Invent, AWS Summits, LOFT events and user groups.
• Share partner and customer feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of AWS
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 10+ years of hands-on experience designing and building enterprise software or distributed IT systems.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills in English are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• 5+ years of experience managing Oracle Applications workloads.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Previous experience in Pre-sales or consulting background
• Expert in one of the Oracle Application E-Business Suite, Peoplesoft, or JD Edwards.
• Strong in Oracle database, RAC and Oracle Middleware technologies.
• Experience architecting Oracle Applications solutions on Unix/Linux and with specific recommendations on database server, application server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
• Should be fully aware of the Oracle ecosystem
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• AWS certification is a plus
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.