AVP Hybrid exotic Rates Product controller
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Mar 19
A tier one Investment banking client of our is hiring at an AVP level within a hybrid exotic Product Control function. This team is unique in the way they cover production, to price testing and oversight all in one and all onshore.
Key responsibilities include:
- P&L validation including FOBO reconciliations and resolution of reconciling items.
- Valuations and Analysis – month end Price Testing to ensure trades are valued correctly, including liaising with Structuring, Trading and VRG as appropriate.
- Performing month-end and quarter-end production tasks, which include Account Ownership, Book Management, FX hedging analysis and implementation of Accounting Policy and Legal Entity Reporting.
- New Business: Contribute to due diligence assessment and implementation of new trades through the New business process including book management, system set up and testing,
- Projects & Ad-hoc: Active involvement in change management, specifically the reduction of manual journals and processes, increasing straight through process control and reducing operational risk. Book rationalization for dormant trades. UAT for any centrally run project initiatives.
- Working closely with Financial Accounting, Middle Office, Structuring, FO Trading and COO on a regular basis.
To be considered for the role you must have a numerical background, which has qualified in practice and has an audit background would be preferred. However what is key is that you have worked in product control before.