AVP - Varied Finance Reporting and Analysis role - £60K
- £60K + bens + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Ink Recruitment
- 13 Sep 18 2018-09-13
A firm that offers a great work life balance, this is an outstanding opportunity to work in a varied finance position, where a large proportion of your time will be dedicated to process improvements and analysis on the current quarterly reports.
The purpose of this role is to assist with Financial Accounting, Control and Head Office Reporting under IFRS for the bank's european entity.
The role should also act as a primary liaison and reporting function between the Financial Accounting Office in Head Office and the various Finance departments across EMEA. As a result we are looking for an individual who has a keen interest in learning about other areas of the bank, and broadening their horizons.
- Financial reporting on behalf of the EMEA subsidiary
- Completion of GAAP & IFRS Term End Reporting ensuring complete, accurate and timely preparation, review and submission within prescribed deadlines to Head Office and other relevant internal and external bodies.
- Analysis of balances presented, looking at market and business factors to explain movements.
- Preparation and Review of certain daily, monthly and term end reports as specified and as required per internal daily control monitoring requirements and as per Head Office reporting schedule, ensuring reports are prepared accurately and timely in accordance with Bank's reporting requirements
- Lead and support ad hoc Finance Projects arising from changes in reporting requirements, system developments or introduction of new products and processes.
- Strategic process improvement to ensure continuous development in automation and efficiency of reporting function.
- Provide a liaison point between the Financial Accounting Office in Head Office and the Finance Departments within EMEA.
- Co-ordinate finance-related projects both within the Finance Department and in collaboration with other departments and Divisions both regionally and globally.
- Observe accounting and tax developments in the EMEA region and provide regular updates to Head Office and local management.
- Assist with the Group audit and liaise with external auditors to resolve queries.
- Carry out SOX testing and ensure control framework is adhered to.
Skills and Experience:
- University Degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Professional Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) preferred
- Relevant experience of working within a global/international financial services organisation.
Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge requirements
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel is essential for the role.
- MS Word, PowerPoint and Access skills are beneficial.
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.