AVP - Team Leader Account Manager EMEA
The Role / Responsibilities:
2 Key Roles within the EMEA Relationship Management team: Account Management Professional and team leader of the Sales Support team.
For the account management part, we are looking for a Client facing individual contributor role responsible for maintaining and extending existing customer relationships for a smaller sub-region(s) and/or line of business. Works autonomously with moderate supervision by the Head of Relationship Management for the territory.
• Proactively manage a portfolio between 80-150 existing accounts for the territory of a sub-region(s) and/or line of business. Actual portfolio size will be dependent on needs for territory / segment and can vary across regions.
• Will be responsible for deepening existing relationships, capture price and grow the share of wallet by delivering a tailored value proposition to existing issuers.
• Exceed allocated business targets: e.g. market coverage, cross- and upsell, average price increases.
• Collect market intelligence to share with broader RM team.
• Ensure we have an opportunity to bid for close to 100% of all x-border transactions, and where relevant domestic ones, which are not covered by umbrella contracts.
• Responsible for putting together a structured outreach plan (prioritizing, define outreach objectives) for a smaller sub-region(s) and/or line of business. Aim is to contact every account by phone or by way of in person meetings.
• AM will be expected to spend minimum of 20% of their time on the road meeting customers.
• Contribute to Franchise Relevance Plans for the respective market segment / region by assessing the vulnerability of relationships and by identifying new business opportunities for the supported market.
• Guide Support Staff in an efficient way.
• Can provide AM support to other sub-regions.
For the Team Leader of Sales Support Component, the Leader will manage a small sized team in EMEA under the supervision and direction of the AMD- Head of Relationship Management & EMEA Sales Support. The individual will manage the EMEA Sales Support team day to day activities supporting their activities in assisting experienced Sales Professionals (SRHs/RMs/AMs) activity to increase mandates and revenue in their assigned territory(ies), region(s) and/or line of business. The team provides a combination of internal and customer-facing support to the EMEA Sales team. Those responsibilities will include
• Training: executing coaching and development of sales support staff led by plan of AMD- AMD- Head of Relationship Management & EMEA Sales Support
• Managing regional EMEA Sales Support resources to achieve Sales strategic objectives, including directly managing other Sales support within the EMEA Sales Support team.
• Managing sales support workflow for a portion of the geographic EMEA sub-regions and structured finance in region. This includes prioritising and balancing workload to effectively manage Sales Support resources as business needs fluctuate across geographies and products
• Managing and monitoring projects: facilitate and oversee involvement of team in key Commercial projects
• Leading efficiency, standardization and consistency aspects of resource allocation and workload
• Oversee quality of delivery of sales support and serve as the escalation point of contact for sub-regional heads
• Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
• 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry in a business development, sales or client relationship role.
• Relevant work experience in sales. Experience in entry level leadership role a plus but not required
• Well-developed IT skills including Microsoft Office applications, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Work experience with Salesforce or equivalent CRM system is an advantage Work experience with billing and/or accounting systems is an advantage
• Exposure to role and functions of Rating Agencies.
• Able to negotiate and defend pricing, contracts, and renewals. Where applicable draft tender documents
• Effectively prepare and conduct telephone several daily telephone conversations or in-person meetings with issuers at all levels independently and minimal oversight
• Able to hold a 60 minutes in person meeting with a Group treasurer and or CFO (of issuers in a smaller sub-region(s) and/or line of business)
• In-depth understanding of main financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in their market segment / territory
• Excellent understanding of Moody's service suite, contracts and general conduct of business
• Able to build and leverage excellent relationships with internal stakeholders
• Able to work on own initiative, without the need for close supervision
• Very good communication skills, strong writing skills and time management skills; English and fluency in one other language
• Strong sense of urgency, and a pro-active "can do" approach
• Strong team player
• Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work effectively with a geographically diverse and multi-cultural team. Willingness to travel
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.