FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
AVP - Tax Operations Manager
AVP - Tax Operations Manager We are supporting a large investment bank who are expanding their Tax Operations business and require a Tax Operations Manager to join the fast-paced and growing team in London. The team covers Financial Transaction Tax (FFT), International Tax, FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) Client Classification and Reporting, 871m, Qualified Derivatives Dealer (QDD) and US QI Regulations.
The main responsibilities involve assisting in managing the firm's equity inventory over dividend dates, and ensuring that Regulatory tax returns, withholding and reporting obligations for the above mentioned products and taxes are met in a timely and accurate manner, thus upholding the firm's reputation with the Tax Authorities.
The ideal candidate will be required to ensure the success of this enterprise and maintain current performance. There is a requirement for the successful individual to make key decisions, drive change within the department and adapt swiftly to the increased, and often conflicting, demands placed upon the team.
- Maintain, and improve on, a robust Control framework to ensure the department's US Regulatory Tax obligations are completed within the expected timeframes - tax remittance, reporting and returns.
- Collaborate with Change and Technology partners to design and develop system architecture to ensure adherence to Regulations and improvement of existing processes.
- Maintain regular stakeholder meetings to evaluate and assess Business appetite and improve service offerings.
- Review and assess the implications of cutting edge transactions for the Business areas supported and provide recommendations and support solutions accordingly.
- Assist the trading desks in resolving P&L sensitive queries.
- Provide Management with regular MI, including monitoring and rating Risk and Performance.
- Develop and coach direct reports, ensuring the highest standards of conduct and performance are set and adhered to. Additionally, act as a role model for the wider department.
- Collaboration and cooperation with other Tax Operations departments, across the US, EMEA and APAC regions.
- Global Group Tax teams for Tax support, advice and guidance.
- Trading desks - primarily the Equity Finance, Equities and FiRM trading desks.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Prior experience in managing or supervising a team is essential.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to manage workload to meet the team's business objectives.
- Capable of creating strong working relationships and networking within a corporate environment.
- Proven Leadership Skills and an ability to develop and manage high performing teams.
- An appreciation of risks arising with Operational Tax processes and an ability to articulate these to Management.
- Ambition and drive to take on additional responsibilities, a wider remit, and grow professionally.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick