AVP - Shareholder Services Manager
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Not Specified
- Job Type: Full time
We are looking for amid level manager to join our European Shareholder Services team.State Street
Reporting to: Head of European Shareholder Services and Trade Administration
High calibre graduate with a good working knowledge of financial products and a focus on exceptional client experience sought for a position within one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers. We are committed to hiring from a fair and diverse array of genders and backgrounds and offering equal opportunities.
As a European Shareholder Services manager you will be responsible for processing of EMEA based client cash and unit instructions through a number of control points. This includes but is not limited to:
- Supervising and supporting a six person team within EMEA Investment Operations. The team’s responsibilities include
- Authenticating our EMEA client’s ‘Letters of Direction’ (client flows), ensuring we are performing due diligence on the instructions and verifying they are being sent by approved senders to meet our fiduciary responsibilities
- Performing call-backs on applicable client instructions
- Processing a high number of client flows every single day in SSGA’s ‘CashPortal’ application, both accurately and timely
- Provide daily support for team members, resolving complex queries from clients or the business and providing a point of escalation.
- You will need very good written and verbal communication skills to articulate project updates or issues that have arisen to the wider business (including Portfolio Managers, Relationship Managers, Legal and wider Investment Operations). A good networker is key
- Coordinate the setup of new clients on European Shareholder Services’ internal systems and attend deal team meetings to ensure ESS' requirements and concerns are voiced and actioned
- Handle all LOD reconciliation breaks and push for quick resolution, raising effectively when appropriate
- Complete the department’s critical metrics to give senior management insight into the team’s risks, challenges and projects
- Handle the team’s and your own daily checklist to make sure all key processes are accurately completed
- Actively participate in the project work within the department with a view to improving processes. Projects will range from routine process refinement to global initiatives that you will be expected to present on
- Review and recommend updates to procedures and controls taking into consideration that the changes must be preventative and detect risk
- Conduct periodic 1to1 meetings with staff to challenge and support them. This will include conducting bi-annual appraisals
You will be forward thinking and look to improve the current processes and procedures. Analysts are expected to be able to work independently and as part of a team, to follow issues and responsibilities through to resolution, to meet deadlines, and to perform well in a high pressure environment.