AVP - Private Side Compliance Advisory Officer
AVP level - Private Side Compliance Officer required by major investment bank.
This outstanding investment bank has one of the strongest reputations in the City for M&A and Capital Markets advisory. They are now recruiting for an AVP to join their Private Side Compliance Advisory team.
Here are just some of the responsibilities that the role will cover:
- Primarily support the investment banking Coverage & Advisory business, which includes the sector teams focused on UK Banking, FIG, Industrials, Consumer & Retail, TMT, Natural Resources Group, Healthcare, Real Estate, to manage compliance issues as they arise.
- You would also be involved in assessing all new business initiatives or projects and provide necessary education to the business inclusive of the creation of and presentation of compliance training programs.
- Work with business management to establish and update controls, tools, training, frameworks, information and insights required to manage risk.
- Work collaboratively with your Compliance colleagues to provide back-up coverage to the breadth of the Private Side business, cross-training where possible to enable effective team coverage.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues in the Control Room and the wider compliance teams on a global basis to ensure consistency, and provide assistance to local country colleagues.
- Strong academic background
- Strong understanding of the processes related to Private Side Compliance - in particular, M&A and ECM.
- Knowledge of the Listing rules and Takeover Code and the applied requirements arising from them would be very advantageous.
- Have a natural sense of curiosity and possess an excellent work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage confrontation with very senior bankers in a fair but firm manner. Having the diplomatic skills to manage contentious situations is essential.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent role working within one of the top investment banks in the world. The team is highly experienced and very inclusive in the way they perform. If you are looking to join a team where you will always be invited to learn new things and be deeply involved in partnering and advising the business, then please do apply.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.