AVP – Operational Risk & Controls
- £50,000 - £60,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Sep 17
A newly created position due to growth has arisen at leading bank in the city for someone from a Ops Risk / Risk & Controls / Audit background to join the framework development/enhancement team which covers Europe.
The role will be looking at how to improve the procedures and policies of the processes from Front-to-back within the bank. This is a close team and the incumbent must possess excellent problem solving and report writing skills.
Some of the duties within the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in developing strategy and drive implementation across the Bank in relation to the operational procedures, methodology and framework, with focus on improving Front and Back-Office operational efficiency and control.
- Work closely with various departments to determine the effectiveness of operational controls and promote adherence to operational policies
- Establishing the operational standards, approach and methodology across the Bank,
- Analysing the Bank’s relevant policies and strategies and the specific evaluation of some individual operations.
- Improve the availability and knowledge of the control environment and find a standardised format to record, amend and communicate policies, procedures and controls
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a comprehensive understanding of operations and control frameworks. The incumbent of the role will have come from a Risk & Controls, or Audit background.
In return they are offering a starting salary ranging between £50,000 - £60,000 dependent upon experience plus bonus and benefits. There are also excellent career progression opportunities from this position.