AVP – Analyst ESG Carbon Specialist
Job Description Role/Responsibilities:
- Along With others in the ESG team, be responsible for the development and publication of carbon transition assessments and scores, including the development of assessment frameworks.
- Collaborate with Moody's ratings teams in the development of the frameworks, assessment of individual issuers, integrating ESG considerations into credit ratings and publishing research
- Publish thematic and issuer-specific research on carbon transition risks relevant to credit analysis
- Present at conferences, investor and internal senior management meetings
- Collaborate with other internal teams including the broader Moody's family outside the ratings agency and Information Technology team members as required
- Draft periodic update presentations to senior management
- Proactively seek opportunities to integrate ESG issues and enhance organizational learning, to further the development of MIS's ESG capabilities
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience related to ESG or climate analysis
- An understanding of current trends in ESG and sustainable investing
- Previous experience with the application of energy, industry and climate datasets and scenarios to climate analysis is an advantage
- Previous experience in ESG integration into fixed income or equity analysis
- Background in high impact sectors, e.g. oil & gas, utilities, industrials, transport is an advantage
- Bachelor's degree required and graduate/second level degree (Masters, MBA) preferred
- Background in process oriented/data heavy tasks preferred
- Articulate and effective communicator in both writing and presentation
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Advanced knowledge of programming in MS Excel a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.