AVP/VP, COO Internal Audit - Investment Bank
- Up to £100,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- B&FS Audit
- 05 Feb 18 2018-02-05
A leading global financial services organisation, which offers investment banking, private banking and asset management services is looking for an AVP or VP to join their internal audit COO team. This organisation is a global leader in M&A, ECM and DCM, while having strong capabilities in FICC and cash equities sales and trading.
This is a newly-established team which errs away from the ‘people’ side of a traditional COO function, but focuses moreso on how to improve the global audit function by the implementation of strategic and tactical initiatives across the Group.
Reporting to and working closely with the Global Director for this division, you will play a highly-visible role in supporting the Senior Management team in ensuring the optimal efficacy of the Group Audit function. Key responsibilities will include;
- Manage and deliver a portfolio of strategic improvement initiatives aimed at developing and maintaining best practice within the function; promoting optimal management of budgets, timeframes and standards
- Proactively advise the function on relevant regulatory insights
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders for the purpose of commercial awareness
- Develop a strong awareness of emerging technologies which might positively impact the continued efficiency and success of the function
- Coach the wider team and support in the preparation of packs for presentation to the relevant committees (Audit, Risk etc.) and the regulator
- Enable the accurate capture and reporting of Material Legal Entities to stakeholders
Given the nature of this role, the hiring manager is looking to speak with candidates that have the ability to not only establish credible relationships internally/externally, but are also enthusiastic about inspiring change and promoting best practice on a global platform.
Key experience and competencies looked for include;
- 3+ years internal audit experience in a similar global financial services group; relevant professional qualifications (CIA, ACA, ACCA, CPA, CA etc.) are a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of internal audit methodology, systems and data, applicable to a banking environment
- Strong regulatory and commercial awareness
- Demonstrable experience of implementing initiatives to promote activities that will positively influence time, cost and quality
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Proactive outlook and a strong desire to play a visible value add role