APPLICATION SPECIALIST, DATAFEEDS
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 16 Oct 18
APPLICATION SPECIALIST, DATAFEEDS
Application Specialist - Data Management Solutions - S&P Global Market Intelligence
Location: London or Amsterdam
We are seeking an Application Specialist to support revenue growth and retention within an assigned geographic region by ensuring a positive client experience throughout the entire sales cycle. You will be responsible for making sure that clients are able to maximize utilization of our products from a content and technical perspective.
The Application Specialist organization has responsibility for pre- and post-sales client services of S&P Global Market Intelligence's Data Management Solutions and products (bulk data feeds and APIs).
The Team / The Business:
Primary problem solving challenges for this position revolve around an understanding of the client's business and how S&P Global Market Intelligence's products and solutions can add value to this business, as well as the challenges related to hardware/software installation and training. The ability of the incumbent to solve the myriad of problems related to product installation, training and use, is critical to success in the position and thus critical to S&P Global Market Intelligence's overall success in growing the business and retaining existing business.
- Act as a product specialist for S&P Global Market Intelligence's data feed and API solutions from a data and delivery perspective, and assist Sales in opportunities so that clients understand what data we have, how to use this, and how to ingest our data.
- Deploy these solutions at client sites; ensure that our software is configured to work with the client's environment, and work with our internal technical support staff as needed.
- Train clients in the use of our content and platform, ensuring that their specific data and application needs are addressed and that they receive maximum value from their use of these products, increasing the likelihood that they will retain their S&P Global Market Intelligence subscription in future years.
- Expand use of our solutions within the department that purchased the product and across the company. Gather intelligence and communicate internally to identify opportunities to contribute to revenue retention and growth.
- Provide feedback on existing products and participate in the development process of new products. Suggest applications that could enhance the usefulness and value of S&P Global Market Intelligence products based on experience with supporting accounts.
- Develop information sources on clients, competitors, and prospects, and follow call program standards.
- Serve as a primary region contact, and thus primary information source, between S&P Global Market Intelligence and clients.
- Take ownership of obtaining and organizing information about clients' applications and content needs, technical environments, developing relationships, assessing the potential for additional sales in the various accounts, and keeping records of installation and support activities to ensure that a knowledge base of success/shortfall is maintained and shared with other staff members as a resource for future activities.
- Activities should be sales-oriented in the sense that the Application Specialist is the point-person for client contact, communicating with the client on a regular basis and having the opportunity to assess a client's personnel, application, technology and future needs.
- Serve as a primary regional information source for clients about what is available (or may be planned) from S&P Global Market Intelligence and how it might fit their needs.
- Work with Sales to help qualify and understand the needs of prospective clients.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Familiarity with industry-leading financial data and delivery platforms (e.g., Compustat, Capital IQ, SNL, ClariFI) and how clients use them.
- Experience working with financial data feeds is a plus.
- A strong understanding of fundamental data and financial investment concepts is necessary.
- Knowledge of the fixed income market is a plus.
- Prior experience with SQL is essential and major programming language experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with RDBMS configuration and/or administration (SQL Server, Oracle) is beneficial.
- Formal training and/or experience in personal computer diagnostics, hardware/software problem-solving techniques (in both local & network environments), and support processes.
- Excellent communication, training and presentation skills.
- Fluent in verbal and written English, additional European languages are a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, or Business plus CFA designation is beneficial.
- Finance knowledge and/or experience (equities and/or fixed income).
S&P Global includes Ratings, Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and Platts. Together, we're the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email email@example.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.