- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Kingfisher Plc
- 24 May 19
Digital is changing the world, starting with the way we shop. Today it's online shopping and click-and-collect, tomorrow it will be something not yet imagined. It's a fast-moving world, where fresh ideas are welcome - along with the pace and flexibility to lead the way.
It's a chance to be part of something new. A chance to do big things in small, close-knit teams. A chance to feel the energy of a small agency - with the financial resources of a major retailer. And a chance to be rewarded for your talent, creativity and energy as well as your time.
It is our ambition to create engaging, seamless and remarkable digital experiences for all users. To help achieve this, we are hiring API Developers who thrive working in an agile/devops environment with high volume APIs.
You will be part of a development team that is creating an API layer that is quickly becoming the backbone underpinning our most important channels and routes to market. You will be involved in the full lifecycle of API delivery, from writing RESTful services for front end feature teams, to the operation of API services in production. Not only will you be creating reusable assets that can be consumed by many consumers but empowering other feature teams to build and contribute to our organisation's API economy.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is seeking to be instrumental in the development of our internal service oriented architecture (SOA). You will gain fantastic experience working amongst talented individuals on high-profile programmes, as well as the opportunity to continue your learning and development.
If you are a talented individual who is looking for an opportunity to make a difference, please read on.
- Work with the development team and Technical Analysts, to contribute to the detailed design of solutions.
- Work as part of cross-functional feature teams to develop and support microservices.
- Proactively identify dependencies and impediments, working with the Scrum Master and cross-functional teams to remove them.
- Work closely with other feature teams to solve problems and identify solutions.
- Collaborate with back-end integration developers to create and continually improve the quality of our existing APIs.
- Ensure code and design quality through the execution of Test Driven Development and Peer Programming.
We are looking for someone that has experience...
- Developing micro services within an enterprise, with significant data, users and volumes
- Team player
- A clear and confident communicator
- Working with and leveraging API Gateway technologies
- Operating in a dev-ops environment and delivering software through an Automated Pipeline
- Delivering software using agile methodologies (eXtreme Programming, Scrum, TDD)
- Implementing software following Object Oriented Programming
- Implementing APIs and policies
- Hands-on development experience with Java 8 and Hibernate
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins
- Experience using Git as source control
- Groovy (including Gradle), Spring Boot, JAX-RS,
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Databases: noSql and traditional rdbms
- Functional languages: scala, clojure, and kotlin
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, we can't wait to hear from you.