ANALYST, CORPORATE ACTIONS
Job Title: Corporate Actions Support Team Analyst
Department : Corporate Actions
Division : O&T
Reports To : Team Leader Purpose Of Role :
To be responsible for the collection, verification and inputting of Corporate Action related instructions in an accurate timely manner. Dealing with queries promptly and efficiently, following established procedures and processes in order to maintain efficiency, minimise risk and provide an excellent client service (whether internal or external). Providing support to the event processing teams globally. Role Accountabilities :
• Monitor for full, timely and appropriate return of Fund Manager Instructions and initiate instructions out to agents.
• Maintain static data (custodian contacts etc.).
• Actively participate in team discussions that lead to quality, resource and target orientated improvements.
• Follow documented procedures to ensure team compliance with industry regulation and best practice.
• Incident/regulatory breach reporting.
• Maintain databases of client details and instructions.
• General office administration such as filing, scanning and archiving.
• Actively communicating with clients by telephone. Knowledge, Skills And Experience Required :
This role is an important administration role within the department; this role is to support the wider group.
The individual needs to possess strong organisational skills be a good communicator and have a keen attention to detail; they must also be computer literate.
Corporate Actions experience is not required although previous experience within a similar role / client service environment would be preferred.
The role provides an entry level into the operations environment within Investment Banking. Required Personal Qualities: Client Relationships/Client Focus
- Demonstrates ability to build long term relationships that add-value to the "client". (Clients can be internal and/or external). Results Orientation
- Demonstrates ability to maintain focus, overcome setbacks and obstacles to achieve own and team targets. Can work through a problem logically and in a step-by-step way. Teamwork
- Demonstrates ability to work as part of a team, progressing towards shared goals. Communication
- Demonstrates ability to communicate clearly. Commitment to Excellence
- Demonstrates commitment to high quality standards, striving continually for self and team improvement
The position requires working closely with other departments within Investment Operations. About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
• Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
• We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!