AML / KYC Analyst - Fixed Term Contract (3 months)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
This is your opportunity to join Investec on a 3/6 month fixed term contract within the Onboarding & Review division. This team sits within the Financial Crime function of Investec Bank plc providing in-house operational support for the Wholesale banking desks of Investec Bank plc and some offshore subsidiaries. This role requires someone with proven experience of KYC analysis of corporate clients and understanding the due diligence of corporate documents. We are looking for an professional individual with strong analytical skills who has the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Team Leader / Head of Onboarding and Client Management
Onboarding & Review
Description of Role and Key Responsibilities
The Onboarding and Client Management team sits within the Financial Crime function of
Investec Bank plc, ultimately reporting to the MLRO and provides in-house operational
support for the Wholesale banking desks of Investec Bank plc, and some offshore subsidiaries.
Objective of Role
The primary responsibility of this role is to perform core AML/KYC due diligence, PEP, Sanction & Negative Media screening, financial crime risk assessment and compliance categorisation (e.g. MiFID, FSCS, FATCA) of new and existing clients of IBP’s wholesale business areas.
The clients are primarily corporate, although will occasionally contain some individuals.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Timely, efficient and accurate onboarding of new clients and review of existing clients, ensuring client records are accurate in all systems and that supporting documentation is scanned and filed correctly within agreed time lines.
- Communicating professionally and confidently with stakeholders including colleagues and front office relationship managers as part of the onboarding and client review process.
- Interpreting and analysing KYC data to accurately risk assess new and existing clients, making sound judgement calls in terms of escalation and risk mitigation.
- Performing PEP, Sanction and Negative Media screening and analysing the results to eliminate or confirm matches.
Core Skills and Attributes
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
- Coaching & Assessment (compulsory for Managers and Supervisors)
- Proven experience of KYC analysis of corporate clients and understanding the due diligence of corporate documents (not limited to banking) is essential, including knowledge of third party data providers e.g. Equifax, Dun & Bradstreet, Dow Jones.
- Proven working knowledge of AML requirements for onboarding clients, with some knowledge of the JMLSG and the Money Laundering Regulations;
- Proven experience of analysing complex legal structures;
- Proven experience of PEPs, Sanctions and Negative Media screening;
- Proven experience in performing financial crime risk assessments of clients;
- Basic understanding of company balance sheets, financials, and/or annual returns;
- Experience of performing no financial crime categorisations of clients e.g. MiFID, FSCS, FATCA, EMIR;
- AML Certification (completed or in progress) desirable.
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Attention to detail e.g. accurate capture of data;
- Analytical and risk assessment skills;
- Competent computer skills;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Interacts with stakeholders in a professional, service-orientated manner; and
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and advice.
*Please note this role is not paying a daily rate