ABS/MBS Portfolio Manager
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking to recruit an ABS/MBS Portfolio Manager based in London to augment the existing portfolio management effort. The team covers all structured products for Europe, and focuses on fundamental and relative value across capital structures and asset classes with a focus on performing, non/re-performing loans in residential, commercial and consumer credit asset classes.
- Assist in the overall management of PIMCOâ€™s European structured credit exposure
- Analysis and recommendation of new issue deals across securitized products ABS, MBS, CLOs
- Sector coverage and surveillance with oversight from other senior members of the team
- Trade and efficiently communicate relative value opportunities in secondary market in European asset backed securities
- Work with analytics team members and valuation/pricing committees on modelling of existing and new risk positions
- Share trends and implications from the sector to contribute to the overall portfolio management top-down strategies
- 4-5 years + experience on the sell-side (or top buy-side firm) in structuring/trading role
- Strong quant/analytical/structuring skills. Familiarity with empirical modelling including loan level prepayment, default, and loss severity analysis
- Familiarity and expertise in reading offering memorandums, structuring documents, sale agreements and financing term sheets.
- Familiarity implementing models/frameworks in excel. Programming skills in Python, VBA and SQL are a plus.
- Bachelor/Masterâ€™s degree required from top school (advanced degree preferred) in technical field: statistics, econometrics or science/engineering
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office