To provide Trade Support and Back Office services to the Derivatives Business, this includes both OTC and Exchange traded Derivatives.
- Responding to Front Office enquires and clearing issues.
- As ETD SME, Processing of Futures, ensuring that key controls are performed with our Clearing Agents.
- Monitoring ICE, Murex & Optic to ensure trades STP correctly
- Monitoring both the MarkitServ and Markitwire platform to ensure data is captured and confirmed accurately
- Review Reconciliation reports and investigate system breaks between, publish findings and potential issues.
- Allocation of ASCOT trades in Front Arena and associated tasks. Ensuring trades are accurately represented in Murex.
- Execution of OTC ISDA Confirmation both incoming and drafting process adhering to internal and external driven targets
- Timely management of exceptions in trade flow, with appropriate escalation for aged items.
- Manage operational processing around Compression cycles for cleared swap transactions.
- KRI and Risk Reporting, ensuring our metrics capture Key Risk Indicators and escalate emerging risks appropriately.
- Assist with the evolution of the Derivatives Support function, evaluate the go-forward operating model and enable new business initiatives.
- Work closely with technology, establish required system enhancements, drive prioritisation and plan/manage change for the function, in particular Futures initiatives
- Contribute towards simplifying any complex, inefficient process’ and show demonstrable improvement
- Ensure the regulatory responsibilities are understood with processes and controls established to ensure compliance.
The role requires SME capabilities around the products (in particular ETD) alongside an excellent working understanding of the Derivatives industry, from trade booking to settlement.
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications: Essential
- Equivalent experience at an Investment Bank, working in a Derivative Middle / Back Office capacity.
- Full understanding of Derivative Products and their lifecycle events.
- Worked with an outsource provider as part of the day to day responsibilities.
- Knowledge of ETD & Derivative products (including TRS and Equity Swaps, CDS, Swaps, NDF, Convertible Bond Options and Futures) process and associated regulation;
- Exposure to Murex Middle and Back Office.
- Good understanding of cleared processing, including JSCC, ICE and LCH.
- Front to back understanding of Derivative Trade Flow, including Trade Capture, Confirmation, Settlements, Compression and Valuations
- Educated to A level or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of broader upcoming regulatory issues and their impact on the industry
- Participated in Projects
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.