6 Month Fixed Contract - Challenger Bank
- 60k - 70k fixed term contract
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- B&FS Finance
- 07 Dec 17 2017-12-07
Qualified Accountant Written and Oral communication in Mandarin will be highly advantageous. Accounting/finance discipline Immediate Available
Requirement you may be required:
· to undertake duties for Branch and any other entities in the group, including their subsidiaries or holding companies from time to time.
· to accurately record the proportion of your time devoted to each entity.
An opportunity to join the Finance Function as an Accountant on a Contract basis has arisen as a result of increased reporting requirements and significant internal projects. Working in a team, your role will include the day-to-day substantiation of balance sheet and completing the required financial control activities to enable the Finance function to adequately monitor the key regulatory metrics and also ensure a robust control environment is maintained within the Finance function. [NB: due to the significant efforts involved in the implementation of the New Generation System, the Contractors might also need to be involved in some detailed reconciliation activities as part of the testing programme].
The day-today activities will include activities Financial Control, management reporting, tax and compliance,
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
· Complete the daily balance sheet and P&L reconciliation activities and monitor key account lines to ensure they are fully substantiated.
· Help maintain and also where appropriate enhance the quality and professionalism of the finance function in London as necessary and improve understanding of finance and accounting issues by other division heads and staff in London.
· Complete financial data and reports for business management in the form and at the frequency required by the management committees, the Board and the Head Office. Provide management information of a financial nature, and its interpretation for effective business decision making in London to maximize return on business
· Work with other functions and with other Finance personnel to ensure that the deliverable per the month-end financial calendar are completed without delay and the monthly financial statements of all London based entities are prepared timely, accurately and in accordance with internal guidelines, statutory requirements and accounting standards.
· Assist in the documentation of the policy and procedure manuals of in finance and accounting areas.
· Record and monitor the accruals, prepayments, fixed asset reconciliations and operating expenses and the capital expenditure programme to ensure adherence to Bank policy and budget limits.
· In conjunction with other senior members of the Finance function, ensure that adequate accounting and other records and internal controls in the finance areas are maintained
· Co-ordinate with the external auditors and provide the required detailed financial information for the statutory and regulatory financial statements of
· Other ad hoc projects assigned by CEO , CFO or Head Of Finance
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Professional qualification in accounting/finance discipline
· Experience working at a similar level, within accounting, banking or auditing fields with line management experience, preferably in the financial services sector
· Exposure and in-depth knowledge and experience of working with derivatives trading business would be highly advantageous.
· Highly competent in producing written reports.
· An in-depth knowledge of accounting standards (specifically IFRS 9, hedge accounting – highly desirable) and theory, and financial management principles and techniques, including planning, forecasting and budgeting, and the ability to apply them effectively in banking environment
· Knowledge of UK taxation and regulatory requirements – The Capital Requirements Regulations and the Capital Requirements Directive
· Proficiency for making financial evaluations and judgments and an ability to present recommendations, both oral and written
· Excellent IT skills including MMS office and Excel
· Written and Oral communication in Mandarin will be highly advantageous.
Ability to work within a small team