We're looking for innovative and analytical students with interest in software engineering and development to join our Global Technology division on our 2023 Placement Year Programme, designed for students who require a year in industry as part of their degree requirement.
Technology sits at the heart of what we do, from providing creative solutions to designing and developing innovative technology products. You will work on projects which will allow you to broaden your technical expertise and discover which area of technology you enjoy the most. You will be eager to learn and keen to throw yourself into a variety of projects.
The department Global Technology spans across the entire business and is made up of several teams and divisions distributed across Schroders' global offices, with our Technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, New York, Singapore and Zurich.
The global technology function spreads across 5 business-facing technology domains:
• Corporate Technology • Digital, Distribution and Marketing Technology • Investment Technology • Operations and Private Assets Technology • Wealth Management Technology domain.
In addition, we also have the shared services technology domains:
• Enterprise Technology (comprising our Architecture, Cloud, Data, Delivery and Engineering practices) • Infrastructure and Production Services (including production support, release and access control) • Information Security and Risk • GT Management Office in which sits our Business Management and our Chief of Staff teams.
Schroders is a global investment manager which helps institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
Our purpose is to provide excellent investment performance to our clients through active management. By serving clients, we serve wider society. Channelling capital into sustainable and durable businesses accelerates positive change in the world. Funding the future is a privilege: we use it wisely and responsibly.
We employ over 5700 talented people worldwide operating in 37 different locations across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre and we have everything we need to work flexibly.
During your placement year, you will be assigned to a technology team where you will have the opportunity to work on live projects and shadow senior team members. As a Placement Year student, you'll gain hands on experience in:
• Development - our development teams look to create bespoke solutions for all areas of the business. You'll work directly with business users, gather requirements and be involved in the full end-to-end design and development of solutions. It's all about bringing fresh, creative ideas to the table • Business Analysis - this part of our Technology teams help look at identifying the needs of the business and finding technology solutions. It involves strategic planning and capturing the vision of what our business partners want to achieve. • Information Security - the team who protects the firm from external threats and malware attacks amongst other things. • Data: You'll work with the team that drives the way Schroders sources, manages, stores and consumes high-quality data to provide business value, from data governance, to master data management and metadata management. The team owns the Group-wide logical data model, the data governance practice and are responsible for creating and driving the Schroders data strategy.
This Programme will provide you with a unique introduction into Technology within the investment management industry. You'll be given introductory training to Global Technology within Schroders, an insight into our technologies, including how these supports our clients and numerous opportunities to network with people across the business.
What you'll be like
• Good interpersonal and communication skills • Inquisitive - be passionate, have a strong interest in, and be curious about technology, data, cloud, software engineering, coding, programming and more. • Innovative and analytical - you're happy to think creatively and look for a fresh perspective. • Happy to get involved in a variety of tasks and projects. • A growth mindset: we understand you may make mistakes, and when you do, we are looking for you to learn from these.
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for
• An honours degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or STEM degrees only. • An interest in software engineering and programming.
1. Online application form and CV 2. Online assessments 3. Online video interview 4. Assessment centre
Candidates should be available to start the Placement Year on Monday 12 June 2023
If you think you may require disability-related adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org our disability partner EmployAbility (employ-ability.org.uk) for a confidential discussion and advice.
We recruit on a rolling basis so recommend you apply early.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Diversity is at the heart of our culture. We strive to ensure inclusion at every level, to ensure that our actions match our words, and that our culture of belonging defines how we do business. Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.